PDA

View Full Version : Volkswagen Touareg

TheDetailGeek
06-14-2019, 07:10 AM
https://youtu.be/Ll0UHtFY890

Recently did a Full Detail on this VW Touareg and it turned out awesome! Although anyone else ever get those details where your initial assessment of how dirty things are/how long it will take you ends up being wildly wrong? It took me an HOUR just to vacuum this vehicle... :eek:

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
06-14-2019, 01:16 PM
Very nice work. The VW came out great.

I enjoy watching your videos. Thanks for doing/sharing them.

TheDetailGeek
06-15-2019, 07:17 AM
Very nice work. The VW came out great.

I enjoy watching your videos. Thanks for doing/sharing them.

Thanks Mike, I really appreciate that! :)

LEDetailing
06-15-2019, 08:17 AM
Nice detailing on the VW. You do a great job with your videos as well.

Get that steering wheel aligned properly:)

just nit picking a very well made video.

Paul A.
06-15-2019, 08:44 AM
Nice work and I like tour videos too.

And I will answer "yes" to underestimating some interior jobs! Exterior work, not so much. I make sure I understand exactly what the customer wants for the exterior and deliver that. It seems they aren't as clear on their interior expectations and want it "clean". I strive for as close to brand spanking new for interiors and sometimes the level of work to get to that only becomes clearer when you're doing it!

Nicely done on that twa reg or however you say it (cracked me up).

TheDetailGeek
06-16-2019, 08:04 AM
Nice detailing on the VW. You do a great job with your videos as well.

Get that steering wheel aligned properly:)

just nit picking a very well made video.

Haha I should have known someone would notice that :doh:

Thanks!

TheDetailGeek
06-16-2019, 08:14 AM
Nice work and I like tour videos too.

And I will answer "yes" to underestimating some interior jobs! Exterior work, not so much. I make sure I understand exactly what the customer wants for the exterior and deliver that. It seems they aren't as clear on their interior expectations and want it "clean". I strive for as close to brand spanking new for interiors and sometimes the level of work to get to that only becomes clearer when you're doing it!

Nicely done on that twa reg or however you say it (cracked me up).

Thanks Paul! That's a really good point...I'm much the same way in that I always try to make each vehicle look perfect and that sometimes ends up taking me longer than I planned lol. Not to mention time needed to move the camera around a thousand times :laughing:

Calendyr
06-16-2019, 11:44 PM
Very nice presentation. Good mix of humour, information and process.

To answer your question in the video; give Optimum Tire Coating a look. I have switched to it after running out of my previous coating which is no longer available and I love it. Very easy to apply and it looks great. I don't know how durable it will be but I see no reason it would not last 6 to 12 months like Optimum advertizes. I try to upsell that to all my clients. Most don't take it but if they do it's extra money for doing almost the same work... really depends what they have on their tire, you can expect to spend a bit more time cleaning the tires when you do a coating.

I used to apply Optimum Opti-bond on tires... I don't know if it is much different than the one you are using from Optimum but it is water based too. Last year I switched to a sillicon based dressing from Meguiar's : All-season dressing. This product lasts much longer on the tires than any water based product you can use. And I have not noticed slighing from it. I apply generously using a Adam's Hex Tire Applicator then let sit for a few mins and buff off with a microfiber towel. The look is really nice, shiny but not overly so and it lasts for quite a while. Probably one to two months I believe...