PDA

View Full Version : Mobile detailers is Water restricted areas. Couple questions

Billy Baldone
06-13-2019, 11:35 AM
Good morning all. I will be moving to an area that has water restrictions. What waterless products do you like to use, what is your typical process, and is there a good enough market for what you do? Thank you in advance

Coatingsarecrack
06-13-2019, 12:41 PM
Not a pro by any means. A lot on the forum like McKee’s n-914 as its economical,l and works great. Another nice thing is doesn’t leave behind any gloss enhancers, polymers or waxes. Good to clean before polishing and doesn’t interfere with LSP’s.

Griots brilliant shine waterless is good too. I’d buy whatever is cheaper. You can get McKee’s in a gallon and griots in half gallons.

Another benefit to the McKee’s though, you can dilute down to a paint prep like carpros Eraser or gyeon Prep. I have not tried it at that dilution yet.

I’ve tried Ech20 as a rinseless and felt no big benefits from the others and is more costly. Full disclosure though I LOVE it as a waterless/QD.

I’ve tried Uber and didn’t love it as most and didn’t like it left gloss enhancers (polymers?)behind. With that, I also felt it didn’t leave extra gloss behind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bofh
06-13-2019, 04:26 PM
Optimum No-Rinse is the standard for rinseless. Optimum No-Rinse Wash & Wax is a great alternative if you want to lay down some protection. Optimum Opti-Clean is a great waterless wash. Every major vendor sells products similar to these and if you search the forum you can find advocates for all of them. My only surprise is how well rinseless and waterless washes work, I definitely prefer them when conditions permit.

Paul A.
06-13-2019, 06:39 PM
I would imagine there'd be a huge market for it if customers are limited or prevented from doing traditional washes.

Billy Baldone
06-14-2019, 02:33 PM
Is a Vapor Chief 125 the answer I am looking for? It looks like it might just check the right boxes in a water restricted city

Billy Baldone
06-14-2019, 02:49 PM
Is a Vapor Chief 125 the answer I am looking for? It looks like it might just check the right boxes in a water restricted city