PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang/lake Country Pads

Pages : [1] 2

BILL
07-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Is one better than the other in general:)

Meghan
07-13-2006, 01:11 PM
Is one better than the other in general:)
http://www.autogeek.net/lakecountry.html
Read this link!:D
In short Wolfgang is Lake Country.

BILL
07-13-2006, 01:14 PM
:) Thanks Meghan......

Rapidity
07-13-2006, 01:31 PM
How about them compared to the edge 2000 pads?

Meghan
07-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Big difference with the two is the way they connect and the fact you can flip the edge ones over. Oh yes and the cost. But I am going to let justin jump in and tell you the details... this is his favorite subject... I dont want to rain on his parade!;)

Surfer
07-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Since it was brought up, I love my Edge 2K pads. Easily the best pads/system out there.

justin_murphy
07-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Thanks Meghan for the vouch.

Here is the review of the Edge 2000 Pads:
EDGE 2K Pad Review (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=602)

I have since recieved 3 different types of pads that are experimental. You will not find a company and staff that will back their products like Aaron and his crew at Edge. I've had a couple of problems and they have sent me new items no questions asked! To me, they have cornered the foam pad industry and I'm glad to be taking part in it.

They are truly a 2 pads in 1 setup. I use one side of the pad for half of the vehicle then flip it over. No lining up the velcro. No backing plate failures. I'm intentionally running them at #6 on my PC and have had no problems. They are super easy to clean with the XMT Pad Cleaner and Pad Conditioner.

I've already done a review of the XMT pad cleaner here:
XMT Pad Cleaner Review (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=661&highlight=Pad+Cleaner)

You cannot go wrong with this setup.

ScottB
07-13-2006, 03:18 PM
How about them compared to the edge 2000 pads?

you cannot go wrong with either product. I think the polls clearly show that Lake Country is more widely used, but that is likely do to price and ease of use. (velcro backing)

joe.p
07-13-2006, 03:31 PM
Thanks Meghan for the vouch.

Here is the review of the Edge 2000 Pads:
EDGE 2K Pad Review (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=602)

I have since recieved 3 different types of pads that are experimental. You will not find a company and staff that will back their products like Aaron and his crew at Edge. I've had a couple of problems and they have sent me new items no questions asked! To me, they have cornered the foam pad industry and I'm glad to be taking part in it.

They are truly a 2 pads in 1 setup. I use one side of the pad for half of the vehicle then flip it over. No lining up the velcro. No backing plate failures. I'm intentionally running them at #6 on my PC and have had no problems. They are super easy to clean with the XMT Pad Cleaner and Pad Conditioner.

I've already done a review of the XMT pad cleaner here:
XMT Pad Cleaner Review (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=661&highlight=Pad+Cleaner)

You cannot go wrong with this setup.Have you used the E2K pads with a rotary..

justin_murphy
07-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Have you used the E2K pads with a rotary..
Nope. I don't use one. I do to many cars and do not want the liability.
I've heard really good things though.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that you can custom make your 2 sided pads with any 2 types of foam or wool that you choose. Can't do that with anything else on the market that I know of.

Once again, I'm not knocking anyone's pads at all. I still use my Meg's Soft Buff for certain things. I just know that they work and save me time. Major thing for me.

Rapidity
07-13-2006, 04:08 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that you can custom make your 2 sided pads with any 2 types of foam or wool that you choose. Can't do that with anything else on the market that I know of.

How do you do that? I'm trying to decide what I want to buy ;)

justin_murphy
07-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Call...
1-800-315-EDGE
and tell them what you want to do. They are very helpful and will guide you.
Tell them I sent you!

BILL
07-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Call...
1-800-315-EDGE
and tell them what you want to do. They are very helpful and will guide you.
Tell them I sent you!

OH OH I see free pads coming justins way ......:cheers: ..

Meghan
07-13-2006, 04:26 PM
OH OH I see free pads coming justins way ......:cheers: ..
Justin is a good honest man, I will give him my thumbs up...:applause: Does nice honest reviews, and from the looks of his work he is one hell of a detailer!:awesome:

justin_murphy
07-13-2006, 06:31 PM
I don't get free pads for posting the truth from my experiences. I want all of you to have as much info as possible when looking for a new product. I do 4-5 full details a week and over 20+ washes. I see alot of real-world results on lots of different vehicles.

When I can pass on results and I'm excited about a product......WATCH OUT!

Thanks Meghan. I'll be doing a full review of the XMT lineup tomorrow evening. I'm attacking a black 05 Odyssey at 8 AM!
Pray for me....