PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me some tire cleaners that won't brown my tires please!

Pages : [1] 2

Marc Hufnagel
06-12-2019, 04:52 PM
Looking for some recommendations of tire cleaners that won't brown my tires after they dry. The tires are Michelin Premier LTX if that would matter.

Right now I'm just using car wash water from the wash bucket and a tuf shine brush. It works ok but I know they can be cleaner. At least with it they don't brown.

thanks!

Mike Phillips
06-12-2019, 05:09 PM
Tire cleaners remove browning - they don’t add it. :)

The browning is called blooming It’s a natural process.

Go to Skynet and type in,

Tire blooming

Tuff shine Tire leaner is my weapon of choice.

:)

Bruno Soares
06-12-2019, 05:53 PM
I’m a big fan of McKee’s 37 Tire and Rubber Rejuvenator

McKee's 37 Tire & Rubber Rejuvenator, heavy duty tire cleaner, how to remove brown from tires (https://www.autogeek.net/dp-tire-cleaner.html)

Rsurfer
06-12-2019, 07:30 PM
Looking for some recommendations of tire cleaners that won't brown my tires after they dry. The tires are Michelin Premier LTX if that would matter.

Right now I'm just using car wash water from the wash bucket and a tuf shine brush. It works ok but I know they can be cleaner. At least with it they don't brown.

thanks!

You use the Tuf shine brush..try using the cleaner.

spewking
06-12-2019, 08:01 PM
2nd on Tuf shine

WRAPT C5Z06
06-12-2019, 08:32 PM
P&S Brake Buster. All in one wheel/tire cleaner that won’t rust your rotors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AaronE
06-12-2019, 11:03 PM
I personally have the Meguiars non acid wheel and tire cleaner and it does a very good job for myself and my family as we live on a dirt road. I clean them till the foam is white (sometimes it takes three brushings with rinsing in between to get there) and then top the dry tire with Meguiars Hyper Dressing and I think the results are fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

briarpatch
06-13-2019, 06:43 AM
Optimim Power Clean....I've heard of folks using it at full power...the farthest I've had to go is a 3:1 dilution

edoggie
06-14-2019, 04:29 PM
Tuf shine tire cleaner( will will remove all brown by the second iteration, if not after the first).

Follow this up with tuf shine clear coat. This stuff lasts for months. Once this is applied, simply wash your tires with soap and water and your tires will be perfectly black until the clear coat wears away.

If to don't have forearms like popeye,. You can buy a drill brush to initially clean your tires in 1/10 of the time.

You only have to this initial cleaning once as long as you maintain the clear coat protection on the tire.

Klasse Act
06-14-2019, 04:33 PM
303 Tire and Rubber cleaner and Gyeon have been great for me, also Super Clean aerosol because its OTC and is amazing with its strong, foaming action:dblthumb2:

Klasse Act
06-14-2019, 04:36 PM
P&S Brake Buster. All in one wheel/tire cleaner that won’t rust your rotors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to post this in my original post but because its mainly for wheels I didn't wanna confuse but its true, SOLID on tires, used it last night in my IK 1.5 foamer and it was awesome! I should also give a thumbs up to Optimum Power Clean aka Alien Kleen and @3:1 your good to go, its THAT strong and effective! There, I've posted 5 products right there!!

FUNX650
06-14-2019, 05:04 PM
•S100/P21S Wheel Cleaners

Bob

Thomkirby
06-14-2019, 05:06 PM
I like many have used the Tuf Shine products and it really does a great job and a good price. I had Mike Phillips demo the complete Tuf Shine cleaner and then the Tire Coating and was impressed. I bought the kit, best value, and used it mid-February on my two front tires as an experiment. I only clean them with my car wash solution and they stay a nice satin and are easy to keep clean. It does take about 5-cleanings per their instructions so make sure you are sitting as you thoroughly clean those tires. Once coated it works! And yes the tires are still looking good today.

As to using Power Clean it will do great too! I have used a few others not sold at AG and then have stuck with Griot's Garage Tire and Rubber cleaner as my standard and even have tried their newest 'Foaming spray Tire Cleaner'. All work to clean but some of the products to apply afterwards will still brown over time. I would even try the latest from Blackfire for tires. But as stated on Tuf Shine kit the key is getting the tire completely cleaned FIRST!

Everyone is giving good suggestions!

fightnews
06-14-2019, 07:43 PM
2 for mckees then I'm for their tire coating as a bonus

larr12
06-14-2019, 08:32 PM
Super Clean or Purple Power for me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)