PDA

View Full Version : Newbie: Pad Selection x Product X DA setting

ERP
06-09-2019, 09:13 AM
Just got my first DA orbital (GG6), will be trying it out next weekend on a car that needs probably needs compounding in some areas. I bought a selection of pads and backs, I was hoping for some direction matching up the appropriate pads to products, and what setting the DA should be on. Note I have the 25ft cord so I theoretically won't need an extension cord depending on the outlet...

PADS:

[6.5 inch]
CCS White Foam Polishing Pad (x2)
CCS Soft Green Foam Polishing/Finishing Pad (x3)
GG Red Foam Waxing Pad (x1)

[5.5 inch]
CCS Blue Foam Final Finishing Pad (x6)

[5 inch]
Hybrid Power Finish Red (x6)
Hybrid Power Finish Black (x6)

PRODUCTS:
Blackfire 221 compound (Product Sample size)
GG Boss Perfecting Cream
Klasse AIO
Klasse SG

WAXES:
Pinnacle Souveran
Collinite #845

Goonie75
06-09-2019, 10:34 AM
Hey. Some of that takes practice. Settings, speed, etc. As Mike says, keep it simple and find something you like and use it often.

Red pads for spreading wax evenly and easier. Orange for cutting and white or black for polishing and refining . Can cut with white toobut less cut . good for AIO .

i know we use orange and white LC pads the most . Microfiber too . some wool whn really bad .

hope this helped .

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app

ERP
06-09-2019, 03:03 PM
The pads I listed are the ones I currently own.

custmsprty
06-09-2019, 04:00 PM

You need at least a minimum of 3 orange pads. I do 90% of my work with orange pads. LC or B & S.

I pretty much only use orange and white unless I come up against something really tough. I adjust product vs pad first when doing test spots.

PaulMys
06-09-2019, 04:31 PM
I know you bought the pads already, but the GG6 will perform much better with the 5.5" pads.

The orange LC flat pads are a must-have in my opinion. They play well with a wide variety of products from compounds to polishes to All In One's.

dlc95
06-10-2019, 07:34 AM

You don't have any compounding pads though.

ERP
06-10-2019, 05:03 PM
LC Orange Pads purchased!

JJH
06-10-2019, 06:02 PM
Are Lake County pads the forum favorite for any compound/polish?