PDA

View Full Version : Economical and effective wheel/tire cleaner product recommendation?

JJH
06-09-2019, 08:17 AM
I've been using Sonax Full Effect wheel cleaner and it works very well. My only gripe with it is the price. Are there other products out there that work as well or better but are a little friendlier on the wallet? I've gone the all purpose cleaner route before and it just doesn't work as well.

Thank you!

vobro
06-09-2019, 10:27 AM
How often are you cleaning the wheels? Are they high performance pads? You shouldn't need to use the Sonax every wash if maintained regularly. That being said have you tried a wheel coating?

I use Meg's Non Acid wheel cleaner at 1:4 or just car soap or my rinseless wash on my cars. I'll step up to Wheel Brightner if I run across wheels in bad shape. My favorite iron remover type product is Adams Wheel Cleaner

Steelman
06-09-2019, 01:25 PM
I use "meguiars-ultimate-all-wheel-cleaner" it is a non-acid cleaner the removes brake dust and shines nice. I only apply it when needed. I wash the wheels and tires with 3D Pink Soap.
Meguiar?s Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner (https://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-ultimate-all-wheel-cleaner.html)

derass
06-09-2019, 02:52 PM
I love Meguiar's D143 non-acid wheel and tire cleaner. It works well, it's dual-purpose, and it's economical. I was actually looking for something comparable to try next, but there doesn't seem to be any other good options. So I just went ahead and bought another gallon of it a few weeks ago.

Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel and Tire Cleaner D-14301 (https://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-non-acid-wheel-and-tire-cleaner-d-14301.html)

Rsurfer
06-09-2019, 02:59 PM
If you coat (Dlux) your wheels, your won't need an expensive wheel cleaner. Nothing can be easier and cheeper than soap and water clean up.

PearTree
06-09-2019, 03:16 PM
I also use d143 diluted. It’s cheap straight up and even cheaper diluted. My wheels are coated with McKee’s wheel coating but i still use d143 as it works great on the tires as well.