PDA

View Full Version : Out of these: What's the finest polish I have?

Pages : [1] 2

MrOneEyedBoh
06-08-2019, 07:58 PM
So the new truck I bought has thin paint, widely known across the internet. I have some water spots and like water runs ( like from under handles etc ) that etched the paint some.

I want to hit the truck, remove light swirls and remove those water spots/marks...

I want the polish to finish down fast, I don't want to have to work it long at all to work....

If what I have won't work, what should I buy??

I have:
HD polish+
Optimum hyper polish
Boss correcting creme
Sonax 04-06

I think what I want is a fine super micro abrasive polish, those don't have to be worked long at all... They can be worked as long as I see fit, and no finish needed, right?

FUNX650
06-08-2019, 08:15 PM
I think what I want is a fine super micro
abrasive polish, those don't have to be
worked long at all...They can be worked
as long as I see fit, and no finish needed,
right?
I think you may be looking for something along
the order of Meguiar’s M205 Ultra Finishing Polish;
it has super micro abrasives (SMAT).

Bob

MrOneEyedBoh
06-08-2019, 08:18 PM
I think you may be looking for something along
the order of Meguiar’s M205 Ultra Finishing Polish;
it has super micro abrasives (SMAT).

BobI'll look into that now. Appreciate it

fly07sti
06-08-2019, 08:50 PM
Out of what you have listed, I’d go with Hyper Polish.

The Guz
06-08-2019, 09:02 PM
You will be fine with Hyper Polish, HD polish or EX 04-06.

MrOneEyedBoh
06-08-2019, 09:14 PM
You will be fine with Hyper Polish, HD polish or EX 04-06.All three are SMAT? And I can work them short or long, without inducing marring?

Should I use a white LC flat or maybe a blue LC flat?

The Guz
06-08-2019, 10:36 PM
All three are SMAT? And I can work them short or long, without inducing marring?

Should I use a white LC flat or maybe a blue LC flat?

Hyper Polish and HD are. Sonax is DAT. You are going to have to do a test spot with both pads and make that decision. I haven't used HD Polis in a long time as I am not a fan of it. But Hyper Polish and EX 04-06 both finish good.

fightnews
06-09-2019, 05:41 AM
So the new truck I bought has thin paint, widely known across the internet. I have some water spots and like water runs ( like from under handles etc ) that etched the paint some.

I want to hit the truck, remove light swirls and remove those water spots/marks...

I want the polish to finish down fast, I don't want to have to work it long at all to work....

If what I have won't work, what should I buy??

I have:
HD polish+
Optimum hyper polish
Boss correcting creme
Sonax 04-06

I think what I want is a fine super micro abrasive polish, those don't have to be worked long at all... They can be worked as long as I see fit, and no finish needed, right?
Well I want 50 million dollars and the rest of my life of from work but no one is helping me...

Sometimes those water spots can be pretty severe defects as far as removal. A fine polish might not cut it. Try the hd polish first as I think its the least aggressive. Can you tell us what kinda truck it is?

Klasse Act
06-09-2019, 06:20 AM
Bases on what you stated, what you have and what I've personally used its OPT Hyper Polish, it's a dream to work with, checks all the boxes[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MrOneEyedBoh
06-09-2019, 06:24 AM
Thanks guys. Yeah basically I want to use the least aggressive and fastest approach as the paint on this is 1.5-3mil from the factory.

It's a 2019 f250

Eldorado2k
06-09-2019, 06:35 AM
Thanks guys. Yeah basically I want to use the least aggressive and fastest approach as the paint on this is 1.5-3mil from the factory.

It's a 2019 f250

How are you certain that it’s 1.5-3 mil? You took paint measurements yourself?

Eldorado2k
06-09-2019, 06:42 AM
...Last I checked you can’t even get paint measurements on those new Ford trucks. I tried on my brothers 2019 F150 and the meter won’t work because the panels are aluminum or something.

fightnews
06-09-2019, 07:06 AM
How are you certain that it’s 1.5-3 mil? You took paint measurements yourself?

Plus 1.5 to 3 mil is a huge range.

custmsprty
06-09-2019, 07:55 AM
Best advise whenever polishing any vehicle, two words, TEST SPOT.

MrOneEyedBoh
06-09-2019, 07:29 PM
Plus 1.5 to 3 mil is a huge range.Exactly. Someone post on a forum that was having their truck corrected and thats what the detailer came back with on oem paint