PDA

View Full Version : TORQ 10FX stopped working ? Wth!

Pages : [1] 2

Cleanfreak623
06-08-2019, 06:36 AM
Well, after two light uses (tonneau cover and headlights) the thing stopped working. As soon as it hits the surface the thing stops. Display is still on but that’s it. Goes through speeds 15-40 however it will not do anything.

I’m amazed at the lack of information online about these polishers and this will most certainly be my last. I’ll save up for a much better quality product.

It came with two weird looking metal pieces which I’m assuming are fuses. But no clue on where they are in the machine. Glanced over the manual and it’s not mentioned from what I saw. Googled it and I couldn’t find any info.

What a POS lol. Can’t handle 30 square foot of paint and a set of Hyundai headlights [emoji107][emoji107]

Eldorado2k
06-08-2019, 06:43 AM
Where’d you purchase it from?

SWETM
06-08-2019, 08:09 AM
Those 2 thingy would be the brushes for the electric motor in the polisher.

Return it on warrenty if you have that left.

sudsmobile
06-08-2019, 12:53 PM
Anecdotal I'm sure, but I've done probably 100 six step headlight restorations with mine and it's still going strong. I did have to replace the plug on the power cord because it caught fire about six months ago.

VISITOR
06-08-2019, 07:43 PM
visit their website and contact them, maybe they can help you out... torqtoolcompanydotcom

PaulMys
06-08-2019, 07:59 PM
Sorry to hear this.

Whenever I buy anything, (hand tools, yard equipment, and yes, a polisher) I need a guarantee that it will not let me down within a short period of time.

Craftsman and Snap-On tools have it, Troy-Bilt has it, and Griot's has it. (There are many others, I know...... not starting a brand war).

Researching not only the product and reviews (subjective to say the least), but the companies warranty policy is key in my opinion.

Price shopping (i.e "cheaping out") works in many, many areas in life. Tools and equipment are not one of those areas. JMO

Calendyr
06-08-2019, 10:48 PM
Same thing happened to my Griot's Garage Boss G15. They told me to replace the brushes... I have been lazy about this, I still need to do it ;) Give it a try, might fix it for you.

My Torq 10FX has been my work beast for almost a year now. Not a single hickup so far.

Cleanfreak623
06-10-2019, 08:53 PM
Contacted amazon. They said I’m #### out of luck as it’s past 30 days.

They tell me to contact manufacture and provide a link to chemical guys. They say they won’t help me as it’s an amazon purchase. So I’m just getting bounced from company to company. I’ve been pretty loyal to chemical guys and pretty much only use their products. Well they can suck it.

TORQ tool company seems obscure and I couldn’t even find a phone number. They haven’t responded to email.

Seems like CG as TORQ are same company ?

Either way, last TORQ and last dealings with CG. I’m loyal to a fault sometimes and when I get f^%cked I move on.

Rsurfer
06-10-2019, 09:19 PM

They tell me to contact manufacture and provide a link to chemical guys. They say they won’t help me as it’s an amazon purchase. So I’m just getting bounced from company to company. I’ve been pretty loyal to chemical guys and pretty much only use their products. Well they can suck it.

TORQ tool company seems obscure and I couldn’t even find a phone number. They haven’t responded to email.

Either way, last TORQ and last dealings with CG. I’m loyal to a fault sometimes and when I get f^%cked I move on.

Not trying to rub salt in your wounds, but a lifetime warranty from a reputable company is hard to beat.

Calendyr
06-10-2019, 11:08 PM

Ya... Torq is very likelly a chineese company... so I would not expect any real support. Mine came with a booklet explaining the warranty... did you have a look at that? There is very likelly a phone number and adress on that. If it's under a year old, it is covered by a warranty for sure, just need to find out how to proceed with it.

Eldorado2k
06-11-2019, 02:40 AM
Not trying to rub salt in your wounds, but a lifetime warranty from a reputable company is hard to beat.

The Torqx polisher has lifetime warranty? Never knew that..

Coatingsarecrack
06-11-2019, 02:54 AM
The Torqx polisher has lifetime warranty? Never knew that..

I think he’s referencing griots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eldorado2k
06-11-2019, 03:19 AM

Where did he get Griots polisher from any of that? Idgi.

@OP. Have you even tried to change the brushes yet? If I were you I’d call CG and ask them how to change the brushes. Nevermind anything else or whether it’s past 30 days... Change the brushes 1st and see if that fixes it.

mk9750
06-11-2019, 06:06 AM
Sorry to hear this.

Whenever I buy anything, (hand tools, yard equipment, and yes, a polisher) I need a guarantee that it will not let me down within a short period of time.

Craftsman and Snap-On tools have it, Troy-Bilt has it, and Griot's has it. (There are many others, I know...... not starting a brand war).

Researching not only the product and reviews (subjective to say the least), but the companies warranty policy is key in my opinion.

Price shopping (i.e "cheaping out") works in many, many areas in life. Tools and equipment are not one of those areas. JMO

Paul, not saying you're wrong, but only a different perspective. My dad taught me that whenever I bought any tool, it should be the cheapest I could find. The only ones that break will be the ones I use often. When a tool breaks (used it often), THEN go out and buy the absolute best tool that I can afford. His opinion (that I share) was that it doesn't make sense to spend $100.00 for an oil filter wrench if you change your oil twice a year. However, if you're business is oil changes, it is likely money well spent (this was the actual example he used. At the time, I had no clue even what an oil filter wrench was!).

Applied to detailing, I believe this philosophy has worked for me. I started with a VERY cheap polisher. Had I simply wanted to polish my and my wife's cars, I truly believe it would have been sufficient. When I started doing other people's cars, I learned very quickly I needed to improve my tool.

Again, I don't mean to debate, but to offer a different philosophy.

Cleanfreak623
06-11-2019, 06:07 AM
Where did he get Griots polisher from any of that? Idgi.

@OP. Have you even tried to change the brushes yet? If I were you I’d call CG and ask them how to change the brushes. Nevermind anything else or whether it’s past 30 days... Change the brushes 1st and see if that fixes it.

I think he was referring to another brand and hinting at that. He wasn’t saying torq has a Lifetime.

I’ll take a look at that. Only reason I didn’t DIY yet is because I was waiting on a resolution from someone but looks like I’m being hanged out to dry [emoji2369]

Also, the unit has those weird torx screws with the nipple in the middle so I gotta get one of those bits