PDA

View Full Version : How often do you apply your spray sealant as a topper?

Pages : [1] 2

Danno8i
06-05-2019, 10:33 AM
For those of you who use a spray sealant as a topper over either a ceramic coating or another paint sealant, how often are you reapplying your topper spray sealant? (i.e reload, black fire, etc)

Further, what is the sign to reapply? Is it when you notice the beading reduces significantly during routine washing?

DavidAl
06-05-2019, 12:26 PM
Every other car wash. I don’t look for a sign; I just do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

briarpatch
06-05-2019, 01:19 PM
Every other car wash. I don’t look for a sign; I just do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

same

acuRAS82
06-05-2019, 06:06 PM
Since there’s a base coat underneath, you would want to apply well before beading stops, but more like when the topper-style beading weakens (if you like the topper beading). Or just do it every wash or every other... hell, I go through periods of spray topping twice a week for months straight if it’s not a high solids spray.

You are in the drivers seat with this one. :dblthumb2:

FUNX650
06-05-2019, 08:45 PM
•I’ll sometimes use Optimum Car Wax
(a Hybrid Sealant, IMO) as a “topper”
over another Sealant, such as Opti-Seal.

-Although OCW is advertised to provide
up to 5 months of protection, I find that
reapplying it after ~3 months really hits
‘the sweet spot’.

Bob

Bruno Soares
06-05-2019, 08:56 PM
I use Ech2o on my Syncro car as a drying aid diluted 1:25. Some may say that's a topper but it really isn't a strong enough dilution to be consider a topper, it won't last. I don't want to mask the coating behavior with other inferior products. It's been on my car for almost 8 months now and it's working great, no need to top it. I just use Ech2o because I don't like to wipe dry w/o something to add lubricity and most products for that purpose will leave something behind. I have been trying with Gyeon quick detailer too and that one is not supposed to change the water behavior, only add some gloss/slickness (it may very well be Gyeon's version of Bead Maker). It's fine but for the price I think I'll go back to just Ech2o which is diluted and more economical.

For my wife's car which I just coated with UK3.0 and Gliss V2 I plan on using the Ech2o + Reload mix as drying aid. I know that's adding a topper but I just think that combo works really well and should be great on an all CarPro protected car.

glen e
06-05-2019, 09:16 PM
Rinseless with ech02 bi weekly
SIO2 topper (not as a drying agent) every quarter, either mckees 10 min, bf 2io2 spray or meg’s HCW....They all work about the same for me.

Eldorado2k
06-05-2019, 09:41 PM
Every single time I clean the car.

DETAILROOKIE
06-05-2019, 09:44 PM
Every single time I clean the car.Same here!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Coatingsarecrack
06-07-2019, 03:18 AM
I use a Merlin’s with Ech20 and shine supply Clutch as a drying aid and a waterless between washes. I top will be topping every 4-6 weeks. I just got too many toppers not too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SWETM
06-07-2019, 05:18 AM
Every 2-4 months and then just use Carpro Reset car soap and get the LSP shine during this time. It's the only LSP I use on the 2 cars I maintain. And when I see a drop in the water behavior I reapply. Uses different products and those offered on AGO is Gyeon Wet Coat and Carpro Hydro2 lite and Sonax Spray & Seal. Then have a couple of other spray on wipe off products. Like to switch up the looks of the LSPs.

BillE
06-07-2019, 07:13 AM

Me also. Great drying aid for me.

(Which reminds me...gotta wash my drying towels.)

Bill

Desertnate
06-07-2019, 08:10 AM
Like many here, I use something after every wash.

When I used sealants I would apply a QD or a spray sealant as a drying aid or do a post wipe-down to get rid of any water spots. With coatings I'll use Ech2O for the same purpose.

I have some CURE and started off only using it once a month and using Ech2O the other times, but got to the point I just want to use up the CURE and move on, so I started using it every wash. If CURE is anywhere as durable as they claim, my base CanCoat layer should last a really long time with all the CURE sitting on top.

mc2hill
06-07-2019, 09:18 AM
About once a month with a non-AG product that is best applied wet (I include it as part of the rinseless wash). But I have also switched to EcH2o as my drying aid, so I guess every wash is also my answer!

wdmaccord
06-07-2019, 12:24 PM

Same. It is my final step after every wash, whether 2BM or RW. For me it's more about that final step to remove any streaks or water spots I may have left behind after drying (plus the added protection of course). I use BF Synthetic Spray Sealant (FKA WD Polymer Spray).

For my cars that don't have a base sealant, I have been trying BF Carnauba Spray Wax, which I actually ordered inadvertently...meant to buy the Instant Detailer (FKA MSID). So far I like it. Planning to alternate it with BFSSS every other wash.

My drying aid after 2BM is BFID, so technically, I always get a couple layers down after a 2BM.