PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning The Dirtiest Car Interior Ever!

Stauffer Garage
06-04-2019, 11:43 AM
Wanted to share one of the nastiest and hardest jobs I have ever completed. I am open to suggestions or recommendations on products or tools because I know I was lacking a few in this one but still think you all will enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qsDA8J_NNw

LEDetailing
06-04-2019, 11:53 AM
Wanted to share one of the nastiest and hardest jobs I have ever completed. I am open to suggestions or recommendations on products or tools because I know I was lacking a few in this one but still think you all will enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qsDA8J_NNw

Watched this video a few weeks ago along with your personal Honda Odyssey detail. I think you have it figured out. Great work, your videos are well produced, and enjoyable to watch.

I especially like the reaction of the customer. Being a landscaping work van, he needs a large rubber mat that covers the cargo area. Does Weathertech make a 12x5 foot long Econoline cargo mat:)

Stauffer Garage
06-04-2019, 11:55 AM
Thanks a lot! I try to make them enjoyable and not monotonous.
I think he should have just ripped the carpet out to be honest or replace it. It was a mess man and several spots were a lost cause.

bill walsh
06-04-2019, 08:12 PM
what a big change for a work truck steam cleaners work great to

ScottH
06-04-2019, 08:57 PM
Well done Sir!! i Like the fact you took the console out to steam clean! After all that I cannot believe the owner's wife got into the van with a glass of red wine in her hand! One slip would have been a disaster!!!!

ScottH

IH8SPM
06-04-2019, 09:22 PM
Nice work! This video popped up on my YouTube feed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Stauffer Garage
06-05-2019, 12:40 PM
Well done Sir!! i Like the fact you took the console out to steam clean! After all that I cannot believe the owner's wife got into the van with a glass of red wine in her hand! One slip would have been a disaster!!!!

ScottH

That was probably the #1 comment I received! The red wine anxiety was strong!

Stauffer Garage
06-05-2019, 12:42 PM
Nice work! This video popped up on my YouTube feed.

Nice! Thanks for the support!

tacohaul
06-10-2019, 01:03 AM
Impressive video. I recommended it to my peers.

SWETM
06-10-2019, 03:51 AM
Awesome work and video!

The 303 APC seems great. But IME different chemicals desolves different kind of dirt and contaminants. So to assist the steamer and extractor it good be a good thing to have different kind of based cleaners. For an example a citrus based degreaser and protein stain remover are a couple. If you look at Meguiars detailer line you can see they have different kind of products for different kind of interior dirt. It's not that something else don't work it's just that certain chemicals is more effective on certain dirt and stains. And this is just a friendly suggestion. A citrus based degreaser is often awesome on carpets where you have your feet at. It's good to desolve oils and winter grime as road salt and that desolves and gets into the vehical from your shoes.

Really liked your video and it was great filmed and edited. So will look at some more videos from you and subscribe to your channel.

LOL at the customers wife with getting into the van with the red wine glass LOL. Can only imagine what kind of imagined thoughts that runned through your head LOL.

/ Tony

Stauffer Garage
06-10-2019, 08:04 AM
Impressive video. I recommended it to my peers.

Appreciate it!

Stauffer Garage
06-10-2019, 08:07 AM
Awesome work and video!

The 303 APC seems great. But IME different chemicals desolves different kind of dirt and contaminants. So to assist the steamer and extractor it good be a good thing to have different kind of based cleaners. For an example a citrus based degreaser and protein stain remover are a couple. If you look at Meguiars detailer line you can see they have different kind of products for different kind of interior dirt. It's not that something else don't work it's just that certain chemicals is more effective on certain dirt and stains. And this is just a friendly suggestion. A citrus based degreaser is often awesome on carpets where you have your feet at. It's good to desolve oils and winter grime as road salt and that desolves and gets into the vehical from your shoes.

Really liked your video and it was great filmed and edited. So will look at some more videos from you and subscribe to your channel.

LOL at the customers wife with getting into the van with the red wine glass LOL. Can only imagine what kind of imagined thoughts that runned through your head LOL.

/ Tony

The funny part was the whole comment section blew up about the wine and it was hilarious to read! Good call on the cleaner solvents... didn't think of them that way. I have been switching to the Chemical Guys Citrus clean and recently tried LA Awesome on a job and both seemed to work better than 303. 303 was always my go to but the CG has been more efficient and I have been love the CG silk shine.

Thanks for the sub! Each video I have been trying to improve my process and angles as well.

RTexasF
06-10-2019, 08:25 AM
I normally shy away from videos of cleaning/detailing because they are so poorly done. In this case I'm very glad I watched your video to see the miraculous transformation you performed on the interior of that dirt pit. It was very well done and I was glued to the screen watching you do the impossible. I can't even imagine the number of hours, towels, and gallons of APC you went through. :bowdown::bowdown:

You deserve a medal!

Stauffer Garage
06-10-2019, 08:28 AM
I normally shy away from videos of cleaning/detailing because they are so poorly done. In this case I'm very glad I watched your video to see the miraculous transformation you performed on the interior of that dirt pit. It was very well done and I was glued to the screen watching you do the impossible. I can't even imagine the number of hours, towels, and gallons of APC you went through. :bowdown::bowdown:

You deserve a medal!

Thanks man! Yeah it was intense and the cleanup after was hazmat suit worthy! I was cursing like crazy because I didn't have drill brushes or a real extractor yet. The drill brush alone in my last job was a game changer. I'm slowly but surely trying to improve and acquire the tools to do a better job each time.

IH8SPM
06-16-2019, 09:08 PM
Just checked out your latest dirty to clean video and I have a question. How do you clean seatbelts?