PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good cleaner/light polisher

Whitethunder46
03-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Hey everyone. Used to be a regular on these forums, but really kinda fell out of it about 6-8 months ago.

I still LOVE detailing and always will. Of course I still have an absolute ton of products, 95% of which were from AG.

Anyways, with spring approaching it's time for me to clean up the paint from the winter roads/conditions. I have Collinite #476 on the car now, or what's left of it (worked amazing this winter). A few weeks ago I was fortunate enough to get a warm day (before it got cold again), and added a quick coat of DG's AW. (AW is still amazing to me.) One more thing, before winter I completely polished the entire car with Menzerna intensive polish, po106ff, followed up by Pinnacle Paint cleaner, then the Collinite.

So basically, looking for a good cleaner but something preferably with some light abrasives. Products I currently have that would fall into this category are XMT 360 and Optimum Poli-Seal. I also have some ClearKote RMG and VM, along with Pinnacle's Paint cleaner, but I don't feel these will be aggressive enough to help rid of any swirls/marring that has occurred over winter.

Also, I will be using the PC (not my Metabo), and I have CCS and Edge pads, but prefer my CCS pads.

So, veterans and newbs alike, any good products that fits my needs that people have been raving about??

Like I said, just want to clean up the paint so I can start using my Souveran monthly again.

cwcad
03-05-2008, 10:43 PM
PwS from Poorboy's is jsut what the doctor ordered. Light swirl correction. Leaves a clean surface to put anything you like on top. Plus it can give 6 to 8 weeks durability on its own. Just a very good product.

Whitethunder46
03-05-2008, 10:49 PM
PwS from Poorboy's is jsut what the doctor ordered. Light swirl correction. Leaves a clean surface to put anything you like on top. Plus it can give 6 to 8 weeks durability on its own. Just a very good product.

PSW = Polish w/ Sealant? It's been so long, I have to get used to the acronyms again! haha

Anyone have bonding issues with Souveran (or any other carnauba) over PWS?

D
03-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Id hit it with 106FF, CCS blue, and your Metabo.

Rsurfer
03-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Hey everyone. Used to be a regular on these forums, but really kinda fell out of it about 6-8 months ago.

I still LOVE detailing and always will. Of course I still have an absolute ton of products, 95% of which were from AG.

Anyways, with spring approaching it's time for me to clean up the paint from the winter roads/conditions. I have Collinite #476 on the car now, or what's left of it (worked amazing this winter). A few weeks ago I was fortunate enough to get a warm day (before it got cold again), and added a quick coat of DG's AW. (AW is still amazing to me.) One more thing, before winter I completely polished the entire car with Menzerna intensive polish, po106ff, followed up by Pinnacle Paint cleaner, then the Collinite.

So basically, looking for a good cleaner but something preferably with some light abrasives. Products I currently have that would fall into this category are XMT 360 and Optimum Poli-Seal. I also have some ClearKote RMG and VM, along with Pinnacle's Paint cleaner, but I don't feel these will be aggressive enough to help rid of any swirls/marring that has occurred over winter.

Also, I will be using the PC (not my Metabo), and I have CCS and Edge pads, but prefer my CCS pads.

So, veterans and newbs alike, any good products that fits my needs that people have been raving about??

Like I said, just want to clean up the paint so I can start using my Souveran monthly again.What happened to the 106ff? That should fit your needs.

budman3
03-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Use Poli-Seal or PwS with a polishing or light cut pad to remove light marring. If there is any pad marring, finish off with a finishing pad. Using AIOs are great if you have the right pad combo because it'll clean, correct and protect, as you know.

Whitethunder46
03-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Well, I don't really want to use a pure polisher because I truley do not need it. There is no marring or scratches that are visible. With an AIO I can move a little quicker and massage it more into the paint.

I'm more than likely going to use XMT 360 if I can't find a new product that lights up my eyes. I really like how 360 blended in with the paint and softens it up.

D
03-06-2008, 12:18 AM
Then go with 85rd.

Jimmie
03-06-2008, 12:43 AM
If you're just trying to clean the paint and put down Souveran I'd opt for Pink Moose.

Driven Auto Detail
03-06-2008, 07:55 AM
PS for sure! Cleans, corrects, and seals your paint in 1 step. Plus, it's very easy to work with. A little goes a long way. It melts into the paint so there's virtually nothing to buff off.

Dust2Glory
03-06-2008, 05:48 PM
I'd go with the Poli-seal, it actually contains micro abrasives, half the cut of the Opti Polish... then top it

or like D&D said, the 85rd... it's still a pure polish, but very very mild...probably a little more aggressive the Poli-seal