PDA

View Full Version : PBL Paint Coating vs. Surface Coating

acuRAS82
06-01-2019, 10:20 PM
Has anyone tried both of these alone? The sale on Autopia has me interested. I see Mike P. often mention using the Surface Coating to refresh the other PBL Coatings but was curious how it would be as the base coating?

The Surface Coating says up to 3 years longevity, but given I’ve heard the Surface Coating isn’t as durable as the Paint Coating, and given I’ve read the Paint Coating 12-18 months for a DD, can I assume about 9 months real-world from the Surface Coating in a fairly mild (Pittsburgh) environment?

If the above seems accurate, I would almost view the Surface Coating as a CanCoat equivalent (which is the max time I would want a single LSP for). I’m not sure how many applications come with a 200ml CanCoat, but at 10-15 apps for PBL Surface, $80-something after the sale seems like a good deal.

Anyways, any experience with longevity of either would be greatly appreciated. Note that I do have the wheel and glass coatings already, so am already leaning towards the Surface Coating. Not sure about the paint coating though.

rlmccarty2000
06-01-2019, 11:26 PM
I had the paint coating to last 18 months on a car I did some time ago. I don’t have any idea what is in the bottle and why it does not get hard in the bottle or harden the applicators or towels. It makes no sense to me but I swear it works. Most folks here know I call them like I see them.