PDA

View Full Version : Killer 1-step polishing combo...

WRAPT C5Z06
06-01-2019, 11:02 AM
I have a BLACK test hood(medium hardness) in my house. OEM Mercedes paint. I've messed around with many combos on this hood, and yesterday, came across one combo that cut and finished great! It was the LC HDO foam pads + Jescar Medium Polish + Flex 3401 and 21mm DA. The orange cut and finished fantastic. If more cut is needed, step up to the blue HDO, which seemed to finish just as good. Remember, this was tested on black paint, so any other color should come out just fine. This is also only ONE paint type I've tested this combo on, but I'm confident that on any other medium to hard paint system, it would work great! I tried to get pictures using my iphone, but indoors made it difficult to get anything of quality.

Sizzle Chest
06-01-2019, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the info!~

fightnews
06-01-2019, 07:13 PM
I wanted to try that polish but my paint is in better condition then what a medium polish leaves it. I tried it last week.

PaulMys
06-01-2019, 08:06 PM
I wanted to try that polish but my paint is in better condition then what a medium polish leaves it.

This is the exact reason that I do not have much to say about most compounds or heavier polishes.

Never used them enough to form any type of opinion because I baby the paint on my truck and the better half's Wrangler.

Paul A.
06-01-2019, 08:54 PM
Good to know, Wrapt. Thanks for sharing that.

rlmccarty2000
06-02-2019, 12:03 AM
Jescar polishes don’t get much ink. They are very underrated. I’ve switched from Menzerma 400 to Jescar Compound. More cut and less dusting.

fightnews
06-02-2019, 12:35 AM
Jescar polishes don’t get much ink. They are very underrated. I’ve switched from Menzerma 400 to Jescar Compound. More cut and less dusting.

I've used there micro finishing polish. It's ok but it's no 3500.

WRAPT C5Z06
06-02-2019, 09:30 AM
I don’t like Menzerna polishes. To each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fightnews
06-02-2019, 11:34 AM
I don’t like Menzerna polishes. To each their own.

How come? To oily for you? They leave a great end result as far as their finishing polishes there is no denying that. I never really used their heavy cut stuff

WRAPT C5Z06
06-02-2019, 02:10 PM
How come? To oily for you? They leave a great end result as far as their finishing polishes there is no denying that. I never really used their heavy cut stuff
Yep, too oily. Not saying they don’t finish well, I just don’t prefer Menzerna.

dlc95
06-02-2019, 07:05 PM
Yep, too oily. Not saying they don’t finish well, I just don’t prefer Menzerna.

Is the Jescar an easier wipe off?

dlc95
06-02-2019, 07:07 PM

3500 is excellent.

What were the differences you saw between the two?

Calendyr
06-02-2019, 09:39 PM
I have a BLACK test hood(medium hardness) in my house. OEM Mercedes paint. I've messed around with many combos on this hood, and yesterday, came across one combo that cut and finished great! It was the LC HDO foam pads + Jescar Medium Polish + Flex 3401 and 21mm DA. The orange cut and finished fantastic. If more cut is needed, step up to the blue HDO, which seemed to finish just as good. Remember, this was tested on black paint, so any other color should come out just fine. This is also only ONE paint type I've tested this combo on, but I'm confident that on any other medium to hard paint system, it would work great! I tried to get pictures using my iphone, but indoors made it difficult to get anything of quality.

The blue HDO pad is my default for all in ones and 1 steps. It is able to remove a good amount of damage while finishing really well with all my polishes and compounds. I usually use either Meguiar's D300 or 3D One as one steps but I also have Meguiar's Ultimate Compound on hand just in case. I have not tried it with Meguiars M101 yet, nor with M105. With M101 I believe a polishing would be needed but M105 finishes very well too... so probably ok for one step unless the paint is very soft... but that dusting.... LOL

WRAPT C5Z06
06-02-2019, 09:43 PM
Is the Jescar an easier wipe off?
In my opinion, yes.