PDA

View Full Version : Impressed by retail offerings

vobro
05-30-2019, 12:10 PM
So I went to my local auto parts chain to get oil and filter and of coarse took a stroll down the “ detailing” isle. I was impressed with the amount of Geek style offerings ie rinseless wash(GG), iron removal products, ceramic spray coatings, foam soap and foam gun, GG6 in stock with a huge supply of pads and GG PFM towels. So it got me thinking as to how these newer types have entered into main stream stores and I gotta think it has to do with this forum. Google any product reviews and AG is always listed which leads to YT reviews and then down to car forums.

So although I buy most of my stuff from here there are times when I “need” something today and it’s nice that these products are available nearby. It might not have the hyper dilution ratio or the newest hype type product but it seems the retail market is embracing the newer products and methods that we’ve been discussing here. So thanks AG for thi forum and thanks t members for being a driving force

Mike Phillips
05-30-2019, 04:56 PM
Always interesting to see the consumer retail world catch-up with the online world.

:)

Desertnate
05-31-2019, 08:13 AM
I think it is more localized. Some stores in some areas are much better than others. I hear similar stories occasionally, but I was in one of my local parts stores last night and the detailing aisle was quite small and filled with mostly Armor All products. Meguiars and Mothers were represented as well, but their total shelf space was about three feet wide on a single shelf. The big box stores aren't much better. Thank goodness for the PBMG sites!

DBAILEY
05-31-2019, 10:15 AM
I see that also. Some AA stores will have a big dedicated section for Griot's products with polishers, pads and an assortment of MF towels and other stores only have a few bottles on the shelf mixed in with other brands and no towels at all. Probably based on the demographics surrounding the store.

briarpatch
05-31-2019, 10:34 AM
Actually found Griots and Jay Lenos Garage products in an Autozone. Pep Boys carries a fair amount of Griots stuff as well.

expdetailing
05-31-2019, 02:44 PM
Actually found Griots and Jay Lenos Garage products in an Autozone. Pep Boys carries a fair amount of Griots stuff as well.

Same situation near me in Cleveland, Ohio.