PDA

View Full Version : Sweat stains on seats?

Bicycle
05-29-2019, 11:53 PM
I need some suggestions for removing sweat stains on front seats.
And removing the odor from the sweat.
I have a steamer and Megs APC and Super Degreaser.
Any advise on technique or products that would remove stain and odor
would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Belo
05-30-2019, 10:27 AM
I would spray with your apc and agitate with a brush. Then use your steamer triangle head wrapped with a terry cloth. I've not dealt with sweat stains on seats, but that would be my approach if i was trying. You could also try some spot stain remover if that fails on carpet and if it's leather, i'd finish up with your favorite conditioner.

Bicycle
05-30-2019, 03:07 PM
The seats are cloth.
Forgot to add that in original post.

custmsprty
05-30-2019, 03:51 PM
Use a quality carpet cleaner, those apc's most likely will discolor the cloth. I'd rent an extractor from the Depot if it were me. Give the seats a good thorough professional cleaning.

sudsmobile
05-30-2019, 04:19 PM
Steam, flood with clean water, scrub, vac and then steam again with the triangle brush covered with a towel.

Bicycle
05-30-2019, 04:43 PM
Use a quality carpet cleaner, those apc's most likely will discolor the cloth. I'd rent an extractor from the Depot if it were me. Give the seats a good thorough professional cleaning.

Something like Folex??

Bicycle
05-30-2019, 04:50 PM
I’m thinking about one of the small Bissell extractors.
I only need one very seldom.
Don’t they make one that heat water??

custmsprty
05-30-2019, 05:44 PM

Don't waste the money, just google Home Depot rental tools and look at the carpet cleaner rentals. They have numerous options available.

FUNX650
05-30-2019, 08:29 PM
•Since “sweat” is a protein/organic stain,
I’ll suggest the following:

-Meguiars Protein Stain Remover (D116)
Or:
-Meguiars Detailer Carpet & Upholstery
Cleaner (D102)

•Hopefully, a Helpful Hint:
-After the cleaning is completed...be sure
to protect the fabric cabin appointments
(or as it’s often referred to in the industry:
scotchgard it) with a product such as: 303’s
Fabric Guard; Stoner’s Fabprotex Fabric &
Carpet Protector; etc.

Bob

swanicyouth
05-31-2019, 06:32 PM

I’m going to say for sweat you’re best off with some type of extractor, a soap like Folex, and some type of Oxy / stain pre-treatment.

I have both a full size & mini Bissel machine & honestly the both work pretty well. The hose on the little machine is garbage. But while it works - it does work well. I’ve successfully cleaned endless pet stains up with these machines & have never had it let me down with the right cleaners, some time, & some elbow grease on occasion

Belo
06-03-2019, 11:57 AM
Something like Folex??

folex is great stuff, but never tried it on sweat. just wine and coffee haha. i will second what others said, in that a rental is a better bet than buying something unless you forsee this as a continued problem in your future. i've been pretty happy with my steamer and spray chemicals on most interior surfaces. But, yeah an extractor is needed for some things.

Bill D
06-03-2019, 01:20 PM
I just bought more Folex today. My bottle lasted years. It’s certainly a quality product.