PDA

View Full Version : Meg's D156 Compatible with DG105?

KP Texan
05-28-2019, 10:41 AM
I've been using Duragloss products for awhile and really like them: my go to wax is DG105 combine with DG601. I typically do maintenance with DG951 (AquaWax) and like it pretty well too. That being said, I go through a lot of the stuff and it's gotten impossible for me to find locally, and the best price I can find online is about $15. Because of this, I'm thinking about buying a gallon of D156 to replace my AW with since it would cost less over time due to buying in bulk and I can easily purchase it from AutoGeek.net.

Like the title says, would D156 be compatible with my DG105? Also, does D156 go bad over time if it takes me awhile to use? Many thanks for the help!

RPPM
05-28-2019, 10:51 AM
Why not get a gallon of Aquawax?

KP Texan
05-28-2019, 11:01 AM
Why not get a gallon of Aquawax?

This would be the sensible choice most likely, but a few reasons I want to lean another direction:

-I'm out of Aquawax and need more preferably today/tomorrow
-1 gallon of D156 is quite a bit cheaper than AW.
-I like trying new products, and may decide to change over to Meg's completely due to availability (I already use ultimate polish, ultimate compound, and Scratch-X 2.0)
-I've read great things about D156

FUNX650
05-28-2019, 11:04 AM
I've been using Duragloss products...
DG105 combine with DG601.
DG951 (AquaWax)

That being said, I go through a lot of the
stuff and it's gotten impossible for me to
find locally, and the best price I can find
online is about $15.

Because of this, I'm thinking about buying a
gallon of D156 to replace my AW with since
it would cost less over time due to buying in
bulk and I can easily purchase on Amazon.

Many thanks for the help!

•Because I fully respect the intent behind
Autogeek having an online Forum...
-I’m not going to be the one to facilitate, in
any way, form, or fashion, your purchasing of
car-care products from any entity other than
the Palm Beach Motoring Group—a wholly owned
subsidiary of Vision Investments, LLC.

As such:
Meguiars Synthetic X-press Spray Wax, X-press car wax, Meguiars X-press spray liquid wax, D156 (https://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-xpress-spray-wax.html)

Bob

KP Texan
05-28-2019, 12:09 PM
Ok, Bob, fixed my posts. I'll make sure to purchase through Autogeek. Now please remove mention of the competing vendor from your quote.

SWETM
05-29-2019, 06:06 AM
The DG rinseless wash with Aquawax in it has been very effective for some. And even more effective and longer lasting than the Aquawax it self. Then with a rinseless wash concentrate you get a lot of products when diluted and very more economical. The Meguiars D115 I think would be the like from them. It can be worth a shot to get it very more economical and if the performance is on par with the Aquawax vs rinseless wash Aquawax or even better. It seems to be a non brainer to at least try it out.

Edit: And I mean of cause to dilute it to the recommended QD dilution.

KP Texan
05-29-2019, 07:57 AM
The DG rinseless wash with Aquawax in it has been very effective for some. And even more effective and longer lasting than the Aquawax it self. Then with a rinseless wash concentrate you get a lot of products when diluted and very more economical. The Meguiars D115 I think would be the like from them. It can be worth a shot to get it very more economical and if the performance is on par with the Aquawax vs rinseless wash Aquawax or even better. It seems to be a non brainer to at least try it out.

Edit: And I mean of cause to dilute it to the recommended QD dilution.

Thanks SWETM; I appreciate the input! I certainly think it's going to be worth it for me to try some of these other techniques.

SWETM
05-30-2019, 05:25 AM
Thanks SWETM; I appreciate the input! I certainly think it's going to be worth it for me to try some of these other techniques.

Maybe to clarify me a little more. You buy the Duragloss Rinseless Wash concentrate with Aquawax in it #931 is the 16oz $12 or the #932 1 gallon $42. Buy some distilled water to use to dilute it. To make your own QD the recommended dilution is 3oz to a 16oz bottle and then fill with distilled water. So a dilution of around 1:5. And this you can experiment with. And think some uses it in 1:8. When you do the math you will see you get over 5 16oz bottles just from 1 16oz of #931. So with over 80oz of ready to use QD the cost is $12. And then ad the cost of the distilled water which is often very low. The price gets very low compare to the Aquawax RTU. And then you can catch a sale or free shipping offer on AGO and you get it even cheaper. These kind of rinseless wash concentrate with or without protection and glossenhancer in them gets very economical to dilute it your self in QD dilution. You get very much of product and there are many good products in this category. And if used often the RTU QD you go through fast sometimes. A gallon of the #932 would get you between 5-8 gallons of QD depending on the dilution.

Duragloss Rinseless Wash with Aquawax, no rinse car wash, rinseless auto wash (https://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-rinseless-wash.html)

Duragloss Rinseless Wash with Aquawax 128 oz. #932 (https://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-rinseless-wash-128.html)