PDA

View Full Version : Will Kleenstrip Prep-All remove ECH20/Reload

spazzz
05-25-2019, 10:23 AM
I am curious if I can go the Kleenstrip way or if I have to light polish before recoating GlossCoat.

The 1 layer Gloss coat is 1 1/2 years on but the car hasn't done snow or rain since polished and coated.

Paint looks great but I have 13 cc left and just want to put it on something. I will be using UK3.0 going forward.

Since the coating it has been washed bubbly a few times but most have been an ONR rinseless.

I have used optiseal maybe once then Hyperseal and the last 6 months ECH20/Reload.
If I can get away without the light Hyper polish routine I will be a happy camper but I am pretty sure I already know the answer.

If I have to polish I feel I should go more thorough and apply UK3.0.
Would Glosscoat fall off (lol) or get a funky look if I just wiped it down?

Mike Phillips
05-25-2019, 10:40 AM
For all of the time required for the entire process if it were me I would,

Wash
Clay if needed
Machine polish using a fine cut polish
Strip and coat

The fine cut polish will remove whatever's left of the ECH20/Reload PLUS perfect the paint.

:)

fightnews
05-25-2019, 12:00 PM
Plus u would think even if the car is garaged and only driven in sunny weather it can still get a road film on it from humidity and pollution.

Just the poor air quality and diffrent temperatures can film the paint and pollute the coating after a year and a half I think

spazzz
05-25-2019, 12:43 PM
Arrgghh.

Okay,kinda figured.

But how bout then Essence with a gloss pad??

The Guz
05-25-2019, 12:44 PM
Polish and re-coat. Should not take long if the paint is in good condition. Also Gloss Coat is probably so diminished that a fresh base after a polish would be the best route to go. Or better yet move to Cquartz and use Gloss Coat for something else like a set of wheels or something.

Essence will remove the gloss coat that is on the surface.