PDA

View Full Version : Is it striped ?

Oz_TCH
05-24-2019, 07:44 PM
I wanted to make sure old sealant and wax is stripped from the car before I put on new sealant tonight.

So I washed the car with McKee's 37 Coating Prep Auto Wash. Rinsed. Then I used Carpro Iron X. Rinsed.

Then I clayed the car and washed again with McKee's 37 Coating Prep Auto Wash. I still see the water beading though, when I rinsed the car. :(

So I used Gtechniq Panel Wipe, twice!

What do you think ? Is it stripped now ?

Just want to make sure the new sealant will bond well with the paint.

Pls advise, thx.

Bill D
05-24-2019, 07:52 PM
I push my fingers against the paint and if I feel friction, then I assume the LSP is gone. If I pushed my fingers and it still felt slippery then assume there’s still some left.

FUNX650
05-24-2019, 07:58 PM
IMO:
Totally stripped, or not, you have “prepped”
the vehicle way more than enough for the
successful application of most any Sealant.

Bob

custmsprty
05-24-2019, 10:22 PM
I'm just glad I'm not so consumed with this stuff anymore. My life is so much better since I stopped caring. LOL.

PaulMys
05-25-2019, 05:56 PM
I'm just glad I'm not so consumed with this stuff anymore. My life is so much better since I stopped caring. LOL.

Post of the year!!

At first, we know nothing about paint care, then we know way TOO much.

After having gone insane trying to be 100% perfect, settling into that "happy zone" of just making it look good and protecting it is pure bliss. :)

Bruno Soares
05-25-2019, 06:14 PM
Post of the year!!

At first, we know nothing about paint care, then we know way TOO much.

After having gone insane trying to be 100% perfect, settling into that "happy zone" of just making it look good and protecting it is pure bliss. :)

Yeah, takes maturity to reach that point. I have to remind myself often that people aren’t out there with a flashlight looking for flaws on my car. Each time I see an issue I instantly want to address it because I feel like I’d disappoint others if my car is not perfect. But then I stop and realize that 99% of the cars on the road are in much worse shape and I can relax a bit. And unfortunately I still lose sleep over flaws on my car.