PDA

View Full Version : Daily ‘clean ups’...Best process & products?

Pages : [1] 2 3

cardude2000
05-22-2019, 07:21 AM
I like to keep my vehicles clean. Duh. That’s why I’m here lol. Unfortunately I live in New England so winter is impossible...But, FINALLY, the nice weather is here.

I clean the cars on the weekend and am wondering what to use to clean them up during the week. QD’s, if I put enough on to ensure I’m not scratching the paint, leaves a haze.

Is there a dilution I should try?

Thanks everyone.

Klasse Act
05-22-2019, 07:23 AM
WW is what you need, plenty of choices but N914 is the best IMO[emoji362]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cardude2000
05-22-2019, 08:52 AM
WW is what you need, plenty of choices but N914 is the best IMO[emoji362]

Thanks. Can quick detailers be diluted at all? I have billions of those kicking around. Specifically McGuires QD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
05-22-2019, 08:58 AM
Thanks. Can quick detailers be diluted at all? I have billions of those kicking around. Specifically McGuires QD.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNO, they're already diluted. We here pretty much use RW and WW solutions as QD's[emoji362][emoji118]

cardude2000
05-22-2019, 09:15 AM
NO, they're already diluted. We here pretty much use RW and WW solutions as QD's[emoji362][emoji118]

Thanks. What’s RW?

Klasse Act
05-22-2019, 09:24 AM
Thanks. What’s RW?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkRW is rinseless wash and both WW and RW's can be made to do the same thing a bottled QD can do...even better is most cases because of effectiveness and price! Ech2o is one of the best RW/WW out there[emoji6]

irvsmith
05-22-2019, 02:19 PM
RW is rinseless wash and both WW and RW's can be made to do the same thing a bottled QD can do...even better is most cases because of effectiveness and price! Ech2o is one of the best RW/WW out there[emoji6]

This is what I do now. I use a waterless as my QD.

Desertnate
05-22-2019, 03:33 PM
This is what I do now. I use a waterless as my QD.

Ditto here. I have a bottle of Ech2O mixed at the QD ration of 1:20. I use it as a QD and a waterless wash if the vehicle is just lightly dusty.

Waterless Washes are much more economical than a QD. I have a 24oz spray bottle I use for QD/WW work and only refill it 3~4 times a year. With Ech2O at 1:20, one 32oz bottle of concentrate could last me 8 years unless I really step up my consumption! No QD spray can match that value.

cardude2000
05-22-2019, 05:20 PM
Ditto here. I have a bottle of Ech2O mixed at the QD ration of 1:20. I use it as a QD and a waterless wash if the vehicle is just lightly dusty.

Waterless Washes are much more economical than a QD. I have a 24oz spray bottle I use for QD/WW work and only refill it 3~4 times a year. With Ech2O at 1:20, one 32oz bottle of concentrate could last me 8 years unless I really step up my consumption! No QD spray can match that value.

And then quick detailers you guys are essentially using as drying aids? Or not at all...

I guess I’m confused with what a QD is if it’s not for quickly detailing...

Great info guys, thanks

bfielder32087
05-22-2019, 05:27 PM
And then quick detailers you guys are essentially using as drying aids? Or not at all...

I guess I’m confused with what a QD is if it’s not for quickly detailing...

Great info guys, thanksQD unfortunately aren't really named properly. They don't have enough lubrication to safely do any cleaning.

As far as products that are sold as ready to use QD you can definitely use them as a drying aid or once the car is clean, maybe you have a finger print or something like that.

In my opinion there's no reason to buy an actual QD when you can buy concentrates and dilute them for QD duty. Concentrates are much cheaper and versatile.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

rlmccarty2000
05-22-2019, 09:54 PM
QDs are a dying product line. It’s so much cheaper to make your own and save money supplying your own water, not to mention not paying the shipping cost for water. My current favorite is ECH2O mixed with TacSystems Quartzmax, but any quality topper will work fine as a mix. My ratio is 2 oz ECH2O, 2 oz topper, and 28 oz distilled water.

Coatingsarecrack
05-23-2019, 03:17 AM
I do same as rimmcarty. I mix 3oz of Ech20 with 2oz of sio2 sealant (Shine Supply Clutch my sio2 of choice) in a 32oz bottle. This not only works best as a QD, it leaves an awesome gloss for a week or two.

He’s right no one really buys QD’s anymore although speed shine was one of my all time favorite products.

Eldorado2k
05-23-2019, 04:06 AM
QD unfortunately aren't really named properly. They don't have enough lubrication to safely do any cleaning.

As far as products that are sold as ready to use QD you can definitely use them as a drying aid or once the car is clean, maybe you have a finger print or something like that.
[/URL]

I respectfully disagree. IME Meguiars Last Touch Detailer is on par if not better than Wolfgang Uber Rinseless @3oz. per gallon used as a waterless. Even Meguiars Quik Detailer in the maroon bottle works just fine for wiping down a dusty vehicle without inducing swirls.

Which exact quik detailers do you currently have available? Please be specific, and no you shouldn’t dilute RTU quik detailers.. If you’re having issues with streaking, you should 1st look at the towels you’re using and consider changing to different ones. Sometimes using towels that are too plush can lead to streaking because most times those plush towels do a poor job of absorbing liquids, leaving you with a surface that’s not quite dry enough which could result in streaks.

Another possible culprit is towels that are past their due date aka old microfiber towels. How old are your towels? If it’s been a while, you should consider updating to a fresh new batch and take good care of them from the start, washing and drying them properly.

What kind of towels are you currently using?

fightnews
05-23-2019, 04:49 AM
You will probably do more harm then good doing those everyday for the next month since its pollen season in new England. Plus the more you buff the paint the more static electricity you cause attracting even more pollen

Desertnate
05-23-2019, 08:08 AM
QD unfortunately aren't really named properly. They don't have enough lubrication to safely do any cleaning.

In my opinion there's no reason to buy an actual QD when you can buy concentrates and dilute them for QD duty. Concentrates are much cheaper and versatile.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

I'd have to disagree with you first statement and it actually contradicts your comments about using them as a drying aid. If a QD is safe to do a wipe down after a wash, it should be safe to use for knocking off a very light layer of dust, random smudges, or even bird droppings. I've never found a QD spray which wasn't good from a lubricity standpoint.

I agree there isn't any reason to buy one any more since quality RW's and WW's are so common. With various ratios you can mix them to do just about anything you need from a cleaning/wipe down perspective.