PDA

View Full Version : Foam gun users...want a bunch of clay lube?

Paul A.
05-21-2019, 07:39 AM
I recently replaced my old foam gun and have vowed to keep it clean. I didn't flush out my old foam gun after each use and I believe that was what killed it.

I now flush my new gun out with fresh water after every single use to keep it from gumming and clogging up. After I empty the unused soap from the gun canister back into my soap container, i fill it with fresh water. I then empty that into a dedicated empty 5 gal spigoted container of old soap. I flush the gun again about 3-4 more times and add that in to the 5 gal container. I've labeled my 5 gal container "CLAY LUBE".

Just a cheap tip from a "frugal" business operator.

fightnews
05-21-2019, 09:23 AM
I've never flushed my foam gun out in 3 years it's still going strong. Soap is not really a good clay lube if u want to avoid marring. I've heard Mike say that I believe

bofh
05-21-2019, 09:52 AM
Foam guns are already not worth the hassle, I really don't want to spend time flushing after each use. Though, I don't use mine any more so I'll be quiet now. :)

Bruno Soares
05-21-2019, 10:12 AM
What I do is take the bottle out of the foam cannon and then stick the straw in my rinse bucket. Run the power washer and that gets lots of water flowing through the parts that are important. Then disconnect, dunk the nozzle in the bucket to get any soap that was on the outside and put it on the rack to dry. Rinse the bottle the same way. I haven't had a filter clog or any issues with my MTM cannon (original one, not the PF22).

Oz_TCH
05-21-2019, 10:33 AM
I've been using this for clay lube.

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/86b9fc13-2682-49db-9416-a75ab75feeee_1.114e21a43fc53096e8cda80f561e98b5.jp eg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

It doesn't drip on vertical panel. easier to use than liquid type clay lube.

Bill D
05-21-2019, 10:51 AM
Foam guns are already not worth the hassle, I really don't want to spend time flushing after each use. Though, I don't use mine any more so I'll be quiet now. :)

He he I feel quite the opposite. I won’t wash without a foam gun.

Eldorado2k
05-21-2019, 11:08 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190521/0f4d0a94472483e64ae2b4c513df8f31.gif

Lol. J/k... [emoji23]

PaulMys
05-21-2019, 09:25 PM
I've never flushed my foam gun out in 3 years it's still going strong. Soap is not really a good clay lube if u want to avoid marring. I've heard Mike say that I believe

So just to clarify, you advocate no equipment maintenance, and are yet again butting heads with a pro detailer?

Yeah, no surprise here. SMH

sudsmobile
05-24-2019, 10:33 PM
If you use your gun everyday, I doubt it ever needs to be cleaned. We've never cleaned ours, it works fine. If it fails and I can't fix it, I have a backup that I'll put in use. A foam gun is a consumable IMO, like a pressure washer or a vacuum. It would be nice if it would last forever, but that's unlikely when used professionally.

tosh
05-25-2019, 01:47 AM
Erm, remove the bottle and spray water through it for a few seconds. Foam cannon is now clean. Put bottle back on and put away.

How are you cleaning yours?

fightnews
05-25-2019, 05:31 AM
He he I feel quite the opposite. I won’t wash without a foam gun.

Me either, I thought about quoting that too lol. Just goes to show again that people have different ideas about whats worth doing and whats not.

I'd rather not even wash the car then have to do it without my pressure washer and foam cannon.

fightnews
05-25-2019, 05:33 AM
If you use your gun everyday, I doubt it ever needs to be cleaned. We've never cleaned ours, it works fine. If it fails and I can't fix it, I have a backup that I'll put in use. A foam gun is a consumable IMO, like a pressure washer or a vacuum. It would be nice if it would last forever, but that's unlikely when used professionally.

Like I said in the earlier post I've never cleaned mine even once in 3 years and it still works great.

fightnews
05-25-2019, 05:39 AM
So just to clarify, you advocate no equipment maintenance, and are yet again butting heads with a pro detailer?

Yeah, no surprise here. SMH
Excuse me?

How am I "butting heads" by saying the truth about my experience with a foam cannon? It doesn't matter if someone is the worlds greatest super duper detailer and I'm a complete beginner (which I'm not). Anybody can have valuable experience or good ideas.

Do you typically go through life letting everyone pull rank on you? If you don't like my opinions or trust my experience just move on. Don't try to start arguments.