PDA

View Full Version : I used to dislike Blackfire One Step...then this happened....

briarpatch
05-17-2019, 10:50 AM
So, when Blackfire One Step first came out, I picked up a 32oz bottle of it. As a hobbyist/semi-pro, I really wasn't thrilled when it didn't come in a smaller bottle. It seemed like it got good reviews, so I bit the bullet. I tried it out on some 'test' applications, and did not really care for the finish it left. It seemed 'grabby' to me, and I like slick. I did a friend's car this week, and decided I'd give it another shot, and it turned out awesome. As time went by after removal, the 'grabbiness' went away and it was decidedly slicker. Not HD Speed slick, but better. When I pulled it out into the sun, I was very impressed with the results, and so was the owner. Blackfire One Step is no longer in the back of the cabinet.

Mike Phillips
05-17-2019, 11:38 AM
Hey good to hear you gave it another shot....

I show BF One Step in all my detailing classes, the only way you could make a mistake with it is if you held the quart bottle over the hood of a car and dropped it on the hood.

:)

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
05-18-2019, 09:25 AM
BF one step is a pretty good AIO. Has been my choice for years. I like to go over and wipedown with BF Midnight Sun Carnauba spray wax when done.

Nice work on the Lincoln. Looks great!

Dr Oldz
05-18-2019, 09:57 AM
One thing I learned from using it, it to let it sit on the paint. I typically polish the whole vehicle then wipe it off. Seems the longer it sits, the easier it is to remove.

briarpatch
05-18-2019, 12:06 PM
BF one step is a pretty good AIO. Has been my choice for years. I like to go over and wipedown with BF Midnight Sun Carnauba spray wax when done.

Nice work on the Lincoln. Looks great!

Thank you. Just out of curiosity, how was the durability/longevity?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
05-19-2019, 07:25 AM
Thank you. Just out of curiosity, how was the durability/longevity?

Ive experienced 3-4 months on DD outside 24/7.