PDA

View Full Version : Longest lasting AIO?

Pages : [1] 2 3

BTLew81
05-15-2019, 10:01 PM
About to lease a new Honda passport for my wife. I don't get much time to take care of her car, so I'm thinking about using anAIO, but looking for something that has some lasting protection. It's been a while since I shopped for an AIO, so I thought I'd try and get some real world input and experience. Thanks!

Calendyr
05-15-2019, 11:01 PM
I know that HD Speed and Meguiar's D151 have short durability. Meguiar's D166 is supposed to be a 6 months sealant. So my money would be on that one. There might be others with longer durability but I don't know the other brands well when it comes to AIO. McKee's 360 is supposed to have one of the best correction ability, but I don't know how durable the sealant in it is.

acuRAS82
05-15-2019, 11:48 PM
Mckees 360, hands down should get you 6+ months for a DD, my dad’s un-garaged SUV still beaded decent at 7 months (albeit spring through fall in Northeast). CarPro Essence I heard can also last 6+ months, but I’ve heard more variances with that one.

dlc95
05-16-2019, 04:47 AM
For a new lease, Duragloss 101, or 501 might be worth looking into.

In your situation, 101 might be better. Good cleaner, super light abrasives, and extremely durable protection.

SWETM
05-16-2019, 05:03 AM
Have not seen any information about it but sold on AGO. Britemax Virtue SiO2 High Gloss Primer Polish is a product that leaves a SiO2 protection behind that is also hydrophobic surface. It's a little rare that primer polish for coatings does this and Carpro Essence is one that don't do it and just the protection part. If staying in the family the Britemax Remax is a topper for coatings and also working as a stand alone LSP. Polish with Virtue and top it with Remax after application and every 1-2 months and you have a great performance I think. Another combo is Gyeon Primer Polish and Gyeon CanCoat that you get over a year of longevity from. They are a little more pricier but applyied less.

Britemax Virtue SiO2 High Gloss Primer Polish (https://www.autogeek.net/britemax-virtue-primer-polish.html)

Britemax Remax SiO2 Hydrophobic Spray Sealant (https://www.autogeek.net/britemax-remax-spray-sealant.html)

If going more on the budget offerings I would listen to those who recommend Duragloss combos. They seems to be a lot for the buck.

/ Tony

TTQ B4U
05-16-2019, 05:17 AM
If you're going to go through the process of polishing and want something that lasts, why not just ceramic coat it?

Pats300zx
05-16-2019, 06:00 AM
I would definitely throw Blackfire AIO into the mix. The durability is excellent.

briarpatch
05-16-2019, 06:47 AM
I've used HD Speed, Meguiars D166, and McKees 360.....360 beats them easily for durability..no contest

Sleper
05-16-2019, 07:34 AM
I found that Zaino AIO lasts a long time

Mike Phillips
05-16-2019, 07:41 AM
Or after an AIO apply SONAX Polymer Net Shield to the horizontal surfaces.

Stick a fork in it and call it done.

:)

FUNX650
05-16-2019, 08:08 AM
For that perfect melding of paint; gloss;
and long-lasting protection: Finish Kare
215 One Step Cleaner & Surface Sealant.

:xyxthumbs:

Bob

BadgerRivFan
05-16-2019, 09:17 AM
Or after an AIO apply SONAX Polymer Net Shield to the horizontal surfaces.

Stick a fork in it and call it done.

:)

Mike: I see you have done this with Pinnacle Jeweling Wax (which correct me if I'm wrong does not indicate that it has any "natural" wax in the formula), but what about using PNS on top of HD Speed (which I believe contains Montan wax in the formula?) or Mckee's 37 Jeweling Wax which contains Carnauba?

Not trying to overthink it, just curious about using a sealant on top of a natural wax product...

acuRAS82
05-16-2019, 10:13 AM
Britemax Virtue SiO2 High Gloss Primer Polish is a product that leaves a SiO2 protection behind that is also hydrophobic surface. It's a little rare that primer polish for coatings does this and Carpro Essence is one that don't do it and just the protection part.
Tony, can you explain what you mean here about Essence? Are you saying it doesn’t bead?

acuRAS82
05-16-2019, 10:21 AM
Mike: I see you have done this with Pinnacle Jeweling Wax (which correct me if I'm wrong does not indicate that it has any "natural" wax in the formula), but what about using PNS on top of HD Speed (which I believe contains Montan wax in the formula?) or Mckee's 37 Jeweling Wax which contains Carnauba?

Not trying to overthink it, just curious about using a sealant on top of a natural wax product...

Sorry, I’m not Mike, but I think Pinnacle Jeweling wax does include carnauba wax, basically the same properties as Liquid Sovereign. PNS seems to not mind.

DMW
05-16-2019, 10:59 AM
D166 definitely does not last 6 months. We're lucky to get 6 days in the summer in AZ out of any Carnauba-based product.