PDA

View Full Version : What pressure washers are you guys using ?

Pages : [1] 2

thedoc46
05-15-2019, 03:11 PM
Thinking about getting myself one. I saw a Yahama Powerstroke 3100psi the other day in Costco. I wouldn't mind trying out a foam cannon. Are there any specs to take into consideration for foam cannons ?

briarpatch
05-15-2019, 06:05 PM
Thinking about getting myself one. I saw a Yahama Powerstroke 3100psi the other day in Costco. I wouldn't mind trying out a foam cannon. Are there any specs to take into consideration for foam cannons ?

I believe the PSI is the spec that's the most important, as it pertains to the foam cannon, but flow rate (GPM) is more important as it pertains to getting good foam out of a cannon. I use a SunJoe SPX3000, rated at 2030 psi/1.76 gpm.....both overstated. It is more than sufficient for washing cars and works well with my two foam cannons, one a PF22 and the other an Amazon 20.00 special. A Comet 1700 is in my future as soon as they're available in the U.S.

dlc95
05-15-2019, 07:50 PM
I have a cheezy Ryobi. Does what I need it to do.

PaulMys
05-15-2019, 07:57 PM
:laughing::laughing:
I have a cheezy Ryobi. Does what I need it to do.

I thought they discontinued the Cheezy models.

I read that the Moderately Crappy units were outselling them..........

Steelman
05-15-2019, 09:14 PM
I use the Portland Electric 17.50 PSI - 1.3 GPM (AKA - H F) this dose what I want. Also at a nice "price".

SWETM
05-15-2019, 11:40 PM
When you have a PW with over 2000psi the most important spec is the gpm it has. The more the better with gpm from the PW to clean with. When you have a high gpm you use a nozzle tip that you have a size that is getting you in the range of 1500psi-2000psi.

When it comes to foamcannons it's on what gpm from the PW you have. And get the suited orifice in the foamcannon to get the right dilution from the foamcannon. Cause if you use a smaller orifice in the foamcannon than it's able to handle. The psi from the foamcannon is getting to high and wear on the PW more than needed. MTM has an awesome calculator for getting the right orifice in the foamcannon and also the wanted orifice in the nozzle tip to get the psi you want. Without going over the specs to what your PW can handle. With a to large of orifice in the foamcannon you get it to not foam as good. And with a to small orifice in the foamcannon you get a to high of the psi and also the PW pump is working to much. When you have a to small orifice in the nozzle tip. The psi is to high and with an electric PW it can start to pulse as a safety precaution. If a to big orifice in the nozzle tip you get a to low of psi to effectively cleaning with the water pressure from the PW. So it's a good thing to look this up and with knowing the specs on the PW it's easy with the calculators on MTM website.

I have a Kärcher K7 Premium Full Control Plus Flex with the specs 2600psi 2.6gpm and it's a 240v electric motor. It's the highest spec PW I can have on the 240v. I have the specs on the gpm from the PW that is on the edge to have the standard 1.25mm orifice in the foamcannon or use the 1.30mm orifice in the foamcannon. It works good with the 1.30mm orifice now. But with the new foamcannon I have bought I will test it with the standard 1.25mm orifice in it for a while. I got a set of nozzle tips with a to small orifice on them. The PW started to pulsing in the pressure so that's how I noticed that. But all don't do this and also with foamcannons it's harder to notice if the orifice is too small. Especially on gas PW. So it's even more important to follow the recommendation to which orifice in the foamcannon and nozzle tip you are going to be useing. They are not the same either in these.

Coatingsarecrack
05-16-2019, 12:24 AM
I use ryobi electric 2300 psi 1.2 gpm. It works well with foam cannons and cleans car well. I bought it cuz it used a brushless motor so hoping to get 3-5 years out of it. Got it on sale for around $200. Currently around $279-329.

If I had to do again would buy a sun joe commercial model. One your looking sounds like gas. If gpm is over 1.5 I say go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markymapo
05-16-2019, 07:16 AM
As a hobbyist I use the cordless spx6001c. Up here in the Northeast all outdoor water lines are turned off in winter so when we get above freezing I wheel this out and wash 2 cars on one battery charge no problem. When the weather warms And the water is turned on the Sunjoe is used as a final rinse in which I have 1/2 filled the tank with DI water. Can also wheel it on to the dock to wash the boat

irvsmith
05-16-2019, 08:52 AM
I have the Greenworks 1500 PSI 13 Amp 1.2 GPM Pressure Washer GPW1501. Fits the bill for my needs as a weekend warrior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calendyr
05-16-2019, 11:13 AM
If you decide on a 3100 PSI pressure washer, make sure to use a while fan nozzle (40 degrees, the white one) and don't get the lance close to the paint. Normally for cars 2000 PSI or lower is safest. More power will allow you to do a faster job at cleaning but you have to be more careful because you can damage the paint with that much pressure.

I use a 1800 PSI electric pressure washer.

luckydawg
05-16-2019, 12:01 PM
I use a dirt killer
They are expensive
Impossible to burn up unless you restrict the water supply below the recommendation flow

FUNX650
05-16-2019, 06:34 PM
Thinking about getting myself one.
I saw a Yahama Powerstroke 3100psi
the other day in Costco.

^^^Not too bad of a deal (and Costco
has a nearly unmatchable return policy);
but I prefer pressure washers that come
with Honda engines.

Bob

PaulMys
05-16-2019, 06:51 PM
^^^Not too bad of a deal (and Costco
has a nearly unmatchable return policy);
but I prefer pressure washers that come
with Honda engines.

Bob

Honda small engines are incredible.

However, do not get lazy on winter care of the fuel system.

Honda carburetors are finicky when it comes to ethanol gas.

Always use a fuel stabilizer and drain the entire fuel system for storage, or just use ethanol-free gasoline if available.

SWETM
05-17-2019, 05:07 AM
As a hobbyist I use the cordless spx6001c. Up here in the Northeast all outdoor water lines are turned off in winter so when we get above freezing I wheel this out and wash 2 cars on one battery charge no problem. When the weather warms And the water is turned on the Sunjoe is used as a final rinse in which I have 1/2 filled the tank with DI water. Can also wheel it on to the dock to wash the boat

That is an awesome setup. What are the specs on the battery PW?
I have learned resently that the Kärcher K4-K7 I think it was. Is able to draw water from a tank or bucket. So I'm going to look a little more to find bigger volume of DI water. To use the Kärcher K7 I have also with the last rinse with DI water. The price on DI water here in Sweden on around a gallon is $5-$6. I can lower the pressure and think it lowers the gpm too but not sure about it. If not lowering the gpm from the PW and my PW draw 2.6gpm. That's a lot of DI water for the rinse LOL.

Hondas patent on some of their smaller gas motors has gone out about a year ago. So it's coming out copies on some of those that is actually quite good. The snowblower my stepfather has is one of these copies of Honda engines. Worked last winter and this winter very good. The price difference is huge between them so for some it can be worth it. Just a friendly notice.

thedoc46
05-21-2019, 01:05 PM
So i picked this up 2.4gpm 3100psi Yamaha Powerstroke gas powered pressure washer last night. It seems to me, that its probably too powerful for using as a foam cannon / cleaning cars. Which is fine cos i do have a lot of other uses for it.. I didn't buy it for cleaning my car, but it would be nice if i could use it for doing so....Anyway according to the documentation, even the white 40degrees nozzle doesn't have a car listed as a recommendation. Lawn equipment, RV and boats are listed to be used. I don't know of a way to dumb down the PSI other than nozzles. Are there any other nozzles out there, that'll bring it down to less pressure so that it'll be more suited to an automobile??