PDA

View Full Version : Best rotary for the money?

SilverQX4
05-15-2019, 07:07 AM
Im looking to start doing boats with a rotary vs my dual action. Im not looking to spend a ton but don’t want to buy junk. Thoughts?

LEDetailing
05-15-2019, 07:51 AM
I’ve been happy with my Dewalt rotary for the last 20 years. Definitely is a quality tool. ~$200

Milwaukee makes a cordless rotary that would be worth looking at.

Cannot go wrong with any of the quality rotaries sold here. If I was polishing for a living I’d probably go with the Flex rotary from a weight standpoint.

SWETM
05-15-2019, 08:26 AM
I would take a close look at Rupes LHR19E rotary polisher. It's light weight at 4.85lbs. Latest technology and also for a quality polisher the price is okay too $359. When you polishing larger size of surfaces and also mostly on vertical panels as boats. Your body will thank you in the longrun with light weight and awesome ergonomics.

RUPES BigFoot LHR 19E Rotary Polisher (https://www.autogeek.net/rupes-lhr19e-rotary-polisher.html)

/ Tony

Mike Phillips
05-15-2019, 08:53 AM
Just read your post in the Chatbox

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/misc.php?do=cchatbox

Looks like you bought a used FLEX 3401 for $200.00

From the Chatbox

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SilverQX4: The sticker. Seems to work ok but haven’t polished with it yet. I paid $200. Should i confront this guy and get my money back or is $200 a good price?

SilverQX4: Lie due to the wear on the outter casing. I was in a rush and didn’t even see the 8/2015 manufacturers date on thr

SilverQX4: Long story short. Someone local was selling a flex 3401. Says its approximately 8 months old but i had my suspicions that this was a lie die to

SilverQX4: Not looking good.....

SilverQX4: Whos here and can help me figure out if i got ripped off today lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If it still works then use it. Consider replacing the brushes to freshen it up and also lubricate the Felt Ring.

I have FLEX 3401s in the garage since I came to work here in 2009 and they all still work.

It's a TANK. Or as I like to call it a

BEAST

:)