PDA

View Full Version : Flex 3401 Polisher Use Etiquette??

expdetailing
05-12-2019, 10:57 AM
Hello All,

While polishing for 4 hours with my Flex 3401 in the sun, through a 50' 16 AWG extension cord, I smelled an automotive burnt brake pad smell, and then twenty minutes later the Flex stopped working. It refused to work for over an hour. I let the Flex cool for a couple hours and it ran okay after sitting. This Flex has less than 100 hours total life of polishing. I took the red handle apart and everything looks okay, and is clean inside.

1) Does anyone know what part(s) would cause a burnt brake pad smell in a Flex 3401?

2) How often does a Flex 3401 need to take a break while in use, and for how long?

Thank you for any feedback.

Aaryn NZ
05-12-2019, 01:53 PM
Sorry to hear this mate.

I have never come across this issue ever with any of my Flex 3401’s, or any of my other Flex tools to be honest. Perhaps it’s a safety measure in the tool itself that it shuts down if it gets too hot? I hope someone else with a little more knowledge can help you out with some answers.

Aaryn NZ. :dblthumb2:

VISITOR
05-12-2019, 03:02 PM
i run 12 gauge cords (50 & 100 ft) with all my polishers and haven't had any problems...

Kamakaz1961
05-12-2019, 03:35 PM
More than likely the extension cord is the issue. I would look into that. The type of gauge cord is very important.

MY GUESS!

But while your at it oild the felt ring too just to be safe. I use Mobil 1 synthetic oil. I put a small amount on the felt rim.