PDA

View Full Version : What's the fastest curing wax or sealant? Black CTS-V... List of wax/sealants inside...

MrOneEyedBoh
05-10-2019, 06:45 PM
So I'm helping my cousin tomorrow do a quick polish, possibly black holes and a wax or sealant.

I have WGDGPS, collinite 845 , collinite 476, megs yellow wax 26, fusion, pinnacle ss2, and FK big white.

Out of those, any idea what would cure the fastest? Looking at rain approx 6-8 hrs after applying and few days after. He can and will reapply it after the rain so maybe it's not a big deal?

What would you recommend on a black ctsv?

PaulMys
05-10-2019, 07:12 PM
Well, Wolfgang is out of the question. 12 hour cure time.

The Collinite products would be no problem. 845 can be applied to the whole car at once, and wipe it off whenever you want. (even hours later).

476 is more of a "do one panel at a time" and then remove.

The others I cannot speak to, as I have never used them.

But, any 'nuba wax you should be fine. With sealants, just check what the manufactuor states as a curing time.

MrOneEyedBoh
05-10-2019, 08:16 PM
Thanks, that's what I was thinking...

acuRAS82
05-10-2019, 10:55 PM
M26, Fuzion and SSII have very little or no cure time needed as they are paste wax and have no cure time requirements.

The Collinites are supposed to cure 24 hours, but I don’t believe keeping dry during that time is required. Just not good to top within 24 hours and probably don’t want to scrub wash during that time.

Personal recommendation on black Caddy: if he is Ok applying every month or more: Fuzion or M26. WG DGPS would be third but I’ll ignore due to 12 hour dry time. My new third then is 476. Damn the WG Sealant would look great on the car if you could keep it dry a little longer (and I don’t know if his reapplication days later would void the concerns about rain on the original coat within 12 hours)

fightnews
05-11-2019, 04:46 AM
Fuzion would be best

FUNX650
05-11-2019, 05:29 AM
I’ll say that Meguiar’s M26 (“yellow Wax”)
will be the fastest of the ones listed above.

Another characteristic of Meguiar’s M26 is it has
a very high distinction-of-image (DOI) rating;
i.e.: conducive to having sharp, well-defined
images/reflections. IMO: the nearly perfect Wax
for GM’s vehicles, and their orange peel laden paint.

[The nearly perfect Sealant would be
FinishKare’s 1000P (“Big White”), IMO.]

Bob