PDA

View Full Version : BF Waterless wash

PA DETAILER
05-05-2019, 03:26 PM
Curious. Can it be used as a drying aid?

Maxreed241
05-05-2019, 04:10 PM
Curious. Can it be used as a drying aid?I don't see why not. I have used McKee's 37 N914 at WW dilution with good results.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

acuRAS82
05-05-2019, 10:28 PM
Yes, it’s a very good drying aid, and possibly my favorite overall WW, especially considering the dilution ratio. It looks great on black (as do most BF polymers), and would probably look great on red too.

PA DETAILER
05-06-2019, 07:16 AM
Good to know. I figured as much. I will have to try it out next wash. It should work well and be ok with the BF SiO2 spray sealant, that is my LSP.

tim500
05-20-2019, 09:54 PM
I got a bottle of bf waterless wash. its love bug season in Florida. I got it for in between car washes which are way more frequent than usual. I can't wash every day so I thought the waterless wash would be good, I also got rinseless wash. the waterless wash does it cause more swirl marks than a regular wash? my car seems to have more swirls etc, I think its the bf rinseless that I didn't care for at all, I think the rinseless is too rough on the paint. my question how safe is the waterless wash on a car that isn't say dirty but isn't clean? When should these products be avoid at what level of dirt,i.e bugs on a car, rained on car, dust, etc etc? I don't want the cure worse than the problem, scratches vs a dirty car.

MattPersman
05-21-2019, 05:37 AM
The product itself is completely safe. It’s the technique and or wash media that may or may not be safe

You can’t do it with 1 dollar store towel for the whole car and expect no marring at all. The dirt and bugs have to go somewhere, and 1 or probably even 2 towels won’t be enough. Even drying towels can marr the paint, especially if it’s a “soft” paint

Describe you rinseless and waterless techniques and I’m sure someone can have some input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustJesus
05-21-2019, 12:38 PM
Short answer: yes.

I've used it that way a few times when I used a self-serve wash.

acuRAS82
05-21-2019, 05:49 PM
As far as what level of dirt to not use WW, if you have to “scrub” with any pressure, it’s too dirty. For WW you should only be running the (good) towel down the car with little-to-no-pressure