PDA

View Full Version : Video: NEW CarPro CQuartz LITE - EASY TO APPLY DIY CERAMIC COATING!

Pages : [1] 2 3

OrangeVee
04-30-2019, 11:28 PM
Hi guys!

This week, I bring you a brand new easy to apply DIY ceramic coating from CarPro! It's called CQuartz LITE.

- should last 6+ months
- only 4 hours curing time
- no flashing time, you apply and buff off (level the coating) immediately
- can be used as a stand alone product or as a topper for existing coatings
- can be layered (2 or 3 layers recommended)
- based on CQUK 3.0 technology, and Lite has 45% Sio2/Tio2 content
- one of the easiest true ceramic coatings to apply
- comes in a 150 ml bottle (5oz) for $45 USD (very economical)

In my video, I present the product, and show you all the steps to properly apply it and you will see the final results, plus we'll do a hydrophobic properties test.

Enjoy the video!

https://youtu.be/B49UeM2SVGc

TTQ B4U
05-01-2019, 05:42 AM
Love your vids but IMO you need to just get to the point and keep them in the 4-8 mins range. Also, you and I have bantered about this before but there's no need to throw out the MicroFiber towels. None. Simply drop them in a bucket of detergent and water as you swap out to a new one and launder them when done. I've been doing this for years with coatings and again, there's no need. They clean up just fine. I have a drawer full of the CarPro Orange MF/suede removal towels that I use and they are soft as day one.

Applicator covers, yes, toss those as they are cheap/come with the products and can be made from larger suede-ish towels if needed. soaking the applicators does cause them to crust over but not on the removal towels.

In terms of the Lite Product starting at 16 mins. I was really hoping CarPro would come out with a direct competitor to GYEON's CanCoat as it really makes for a super fast LSP application. Also interested in how this "lite" version would compare to simply using Gliss as an LSP since both are targeted at lasting the same length of time when used as the LSP.

OrangeVee
05-01-2019, 01:16 PM
Also, you and I have bantered about this before but there's no need to throw out the MicroFiber towels. None. Simply drop them in a bucket of detergent and water as you swap out to a new one and launder them when done.

You are right we could argue about this for ever. You do as you wish. I don't take chances. After discussing this matter with Avi, CEO of CarPro himself, it is best practice to throw away the applicators as well as the microfiber towels used for removal (levelling the coating). Why take any chances? Jon from Forensic Detailing Channel even did a video to test this very topic. What he found is that even after washing them, soaking them in detergent/APC, washing them in a washer, etc, they still contain particles/residue and they did scratch and marr the surface when reused.

A 2-3$ microfiber towel is not worth me risking doing damage to my paint or a customer's paint, even if it was the lightest scratch.

So we can agree to disagree. Again, I will never force you to throw away your towels.

DetailKitty
05-01-2019, 02:38 PM
This product has now peaked my interest!
Thx!

The Guz
05-01-2019, 06:09 PM
In terms of the Lite Product starting at 16 mins. I was really hoping CarPro would come out with a direct competitor to GYEON's CanCoat as it really makes for a super fast LSP application. Also interested in how this "lite" version would compare to simply using Gliss as an LSP since both are targeted at lasting the same length of time when used as the LSP.

It is a direct competitor to CanCoat. Just a different delivery method. From what Avi told me they wanted to avoid the sprayer from clogging. The dropper bottle avoids that issue.

It is still a wipe in wipe off just like CanCoat. Better coverage applying it this way compared to a towel with either product in my experience.

I will say from using CQ Lite, it goes on and off easy. The feeling resembles that of CQUK 3.0.

The one thing that is nice with Lite is that a high spot can be removed with more products hours after it has initially been leveled. I left a high spot and came back 2 hours later and was able to remove it with a drop on a suede applicator. No more high spot and no need to polish it off.

I will be comparing it side by side with CanCoat over the next few months.

I will also mention that the included applicators are similar to the autofiber coating applicator where it does not absorb product.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-01-2019, 06:11 PM
Looks to be a fantastic product!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

acuRAS82
05-01-2019, 06:22 PM
A 2-3$ microfiber towel is not worth me risking doing damage to my paint or a customer's paint, even if it was the lightest scratch.

I get the $2-3 thing, but for those using the product a lot, it’s tough to swallow discarding them.

sixsix
05-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Nice video, my only issue is you showed us the hydrophobic properties of Reload and not Lite, since you topped it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WRAPT C5Z06
05-01-2019, 08:34 PM
Nice video, my only issue is you showed us the hydrophobic properties of Reload and not Lite, since you topped it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thought the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Rsurfer
05-01-2019, 08:44 PM
Slickness?

PaulMys
05-01-2019, 08:49 PM
Sitting here reading this thread and all the while loving and trusting my tried and true products.

Kudos to those who love Bead maker. This forum is all about not only the announcement of new products, but the testing and reporting of such.

I have read enough posts from trusted AGO members/friends to believe that BM is worth a try.

Me? I read the posts with interest, but my arsenal is well stocked and well liked. JMO

OrangeVee
05-01-2019, 08:49 PM
Slickness?

Slickness is ok, but not as good as if you apply Gliss on top. Lite is similar to CQUK 3.0 as far as slickness goes. They need a topper to improve on that. That's why I liked Reload or Bead Maker for added gloss and slickness.

The Guz
05-01-2019, 09:32 PM
Slickness?

Similar to CQUK 3.0. No comparison to Gliss V2.

TTQ B4U
05-01-2019, 09:42 PM
Avi, CEO of CarPro himself, it is best practice to throw away the applicators as well as the microfiber towels used for removal (levelling the coating). Why take any chances? Jon from Forensic Detailing Channel even did a video to test this very topic. What he found is that even after washing them, soaking them in detergent/APC, washing them in a washer, etc, they still contain particles/residue and they did scratch and marr the surface when reused.

Best practice is one thing actually scratching is another. Jon is a great guy I'm sure....don't know him but I'll gladly put my tests which are real world uses on dozens of vehicle out there as my proof that they won't mar paint. Another one goes on tomorrow even. His mileage and opinion will vary but I'll leave that with him.

So we can agree to disagree. Again, I will never force you to throw away your towels.

we will and the main reason for me to chime in is so that others can feel secure in testing it out for themselves without worry. If others decide to toss them, that's for them to decide as like you, I won't force them to keep their towels but I'd gladly provide them my address to send them to instead :)

OrangeVee
05-01-2019, 11:31 PM
we will and the main reason for me to chime in is so that others can feel secure in testing it out for themselves without worry. If others decide to toss them, that's for them to decide as like you, I won't force them to keep their towels but I'd gladly provide them my address to send them to instead :)

Now that's how I like exchanging thoughts and opinions and ideas. All done respectfully. Much appreciated. Thanks for sharing your experience by the way! ;)