PDA

View Full Version : Bead Maker question

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Sports Fan
04-30-2019, 12:28 PM
I'm interested in Bead Maker and have a few questions about it.

I know the protocol is to lay down a sealant first, and then wax....since sealants aren't supposed to go over wax. BUT....I believe Bead Maker is considered a (short term) "sealant"....in which case, shouldn't wax go over it rather than it going on top of wax? Which would then keep Bead Maker from being a true LSP "topper"?

LOL...I'm having a little fun here, but at the same time I am seriously interested in hearing how people view and use Bead Maker. What are some "waxes" or sealant/waxes that you have used BM as a topper for? And what other coatings can BM be used as a topper for? I'm guessing it's similar to a spray wax, only has more polymer (sealant) characteristics than carnauba (wax) ???

Bgates222
04-30-2019, 12:31 PM
I used it right after polishing and juts use it as a drying aid after washes. From what I’ve heard it’s compatible with most waxes sealants etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
04-30-2019, 01:31 PM
There's a brand new video for this by the lead chemist, its put out by The Rag Company, check it out[emoji106][emoji118][emoji362]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

acuRAS82
04-30-2019, 05:20 PM
I’ve only put it over PA Carnauba. Needless to say, the gloss didn’t get any better, but it seemed as though the BeadMaker adhered fine.

Sports Fan
04-30-2019, 05:30 PM
There's a brand new video for this by the lead chemist, its put out by The Rag Company, check it out[emoji106][emoji118][emoji362]

Thanks for the heads up. The video they put out just today explains pretty much exactly what I was asking about:

Klasse Act
04-30-2019, 06:15 PM
Hopefully THIS thread doesn't go south like others have had (clearing my throat)...My advice to you is this, buy the small bottle and try it for yourself. If there's a forum member whom you trust in, follow their advice on how to apply it and what to expect. That said, as you probably already know but if not, here's my take on the product. If your looking to "boost" your finish for a carshow or cars and coffee or just wanna add a little something during the drying process, look no further than Beadmaker! In "my" experience, the gloss left behind if very noticeable and the paint is very slick, you'll feel this right away while applying it, its undeniable. On the flip side, DO NOT expect this product to last a long time and I would not use it as a stand alone, period! This product has a life span of about a month on a DD in usual conditions. The mfg claims 1-3 months and that's fine to say because it could last 3 months, on a non-DD. In closing on my old car which was metallic black, this product worked OUTSTANDLY (made up a word there) and I was very intune with my paints finish, this is why I know the product works....for me.

Keep us posted when you get the product and your thoughts about it. If by chance you feel this product is going to work for you, the gallon makes more sense and cents, saves cents actually:dblthumb2:

acuRAS82
04-30-2019, 07:18 PM
If I wasn’t allergic to sending snail mail, especially large packages, I would send OP my 7/8 of a gallon.

Try it, if you do like it, you can actually get the gallon for close to $20.

Klasse Act
04-30-2019, 07:25 PM
If I wasn’t allergic to sending snail mail, especially large packages, I would send OP my 7/8 of a gallon.

Try it, if you do like it, you can actually get the gallon for close to $20.So what will you do with all of it then? Live near Chicago by chance, I'll take it[emoji112]

acuRAS82
04-30-2019, 07:31 PM
So what will you do with all of it then? Live near Chicago by chance, I'll take it[emoji112]

Pittsburgh, not quite close enough. I sometimes visit to Chi-town for Thanksgiving but can’t see myself smuggling BM on an airplane.

Klasse Act
04-30-2019, 07:34 PM
Pittsburgh, not quite close enough. I sometimes visit to Chi-town for Thanksgiving but can’t see myself smuggling BM on an airplane.DetailKitty lives somewhat in the area, send it to her[emoji118][emoji362]

Eldorado2k
04-30-2019, 07:59 PM
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hopefully THIS thread doesn't go south like others have had (clearing my throat)...

You’re the only 1 who thinks like that... There hasn’t been an issue in any of the Beadmaker threads. I have no idea what caused my thread to get locked. That thread was good, plus I wasn’t done with my review...

Klasse Act
04-30-2019, 08:12 PM
So it has rained yesterday and today, today much more so and I can report that the beading was really good still. Somewhere else I stated the beading was "average" but since the rain was pretty consistent today the behavior was different too, wish I had taken a pic FWIW.

I would like to direct those who don't care for the product to watch the video provided and please feel free to read and post the negative comments in there, this way the thread doesn't get locked and people who are trying to find out about the product can read for themselves and make the determination whether they wanna buy the product or not.

It's hard to keep the train going on any product, no matter how good it is, look at Aquawax for instance, an outstanding product still I'm sure but just because it's not talked about like Beadmaker doesn't make it any less of a product, so let's keep this in mind when everyone comes in here and posts about how they can't wait till Beadmaker isn't the flavor of the month anymore, it's a natural progression in our hobby but those who REALLY like it will continue to while others down the road will find it, like it and keep using it[emoji106][emoji106]

PaulMys
04-30-2019, 08:33 PM
You’re the only 1 who thinks like that... There hasn’t been an issue in any of the Beadmaker threads. I have no idea what caused my thread to get locked. That thread was good, plus I wasn’t done with my review...

I remember saying in one BM thread that I wished it "would just go away". (The thread).

Don't think it was yours, Ric. But I do remember that it was because of the pointed, and almost hateful rhetoric of the BM fans.

If you like a product, cool. Tell others, try to sway others, show pics, etc. That's what I love about AGO.

But when things get ugly, and guys start spewing venom, well that's not in the spirit of the forum,

Eldorado2k
04-30-2019, 09:50 PM
What I really meant was that there was no reason for there to be any problems at all.

acuRAS82
04-30-2019, 10:15 PM
What I really meant was that there was no reason for there to be any problems at all.

Right, and continuing to talk about it only invokes unnecessary memories of “the thread that coulda been”.