PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire one step

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

tim500
04-29-2019, 12:54 PM
How easy does it go on and off by hand? Does it stain plastic trim? Is it suitable for a new car?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-29-2019, 12:59 PM
Multiple threads on the same topic. Please keep questions streamlined to one thread...

BTW, welcome to AutoGeekOnline!

briarpatch
04-29-2019, 02:01 PM
How easy does it go on and off by hand? Does it stain plastic trim? Is it suitable for a new car?

easy...provided the application is thin

no

I would say yes

Mike Phillips
05-01-2019, 07:48 AM
Here's some info that I hope will clarify your decsioon as to what wax to get

A cleaner/wax, at least a high quality cleaner wax will do three things in one step. It will,

Compound
Polish
Wax

A NON-cleaning wax will only coat over the paint and leave behind protection.

So if you have paint that LOOKS great to your eyes in good light then use a non-cleaning wax or sealant.

If you see swirls, scratches water spots or oxidation the use a cleaner/wax.

Also - when using a non-cleaning wax you simply glide the product over the paint to leave a THIN layer and then remove.

To PROPERLY use a cleaner/wax YOU must provide the muscle and work the product over the surface in order for the abrasives and cleaners to so something i.e. something = remove defects to make the paint LOOK better.

Make sense?

I think I have about a half dozen articles on these topics and can share if you request.

:)

tim500
05-01-2019, 08:02 AM
Great information. How about Pinnacle black label using 2 steps polish then sealant vs Blackfire all in one? Any benefit to Pinnacle? Does the condition of the paint matter, i.e. does the polish vs the all in one clean up swirl marks as well?

acuRAS82
05-01-2019, 08:12 AM
I think I responded in one of the other threads: PBL Sealant will last 2x long at least, for double the effort (2 step polish and seal you mention). BF One Step has good abrasives and it’s hard to say whether your dedicated polish would correct better depending on paint condition and polish used. Let’s assume the dedicated polish and BF One Step correct the same if you maximize either one.

tim500
05-03-2019, 10:47 AM
I think I responded in one of the other threads: PBL Sealant will last 2x long at least, for double the effort (2 step polish and seal you mention). BF One Step has good abrasives and it’s hard to say whether your dedicated polish would correct better depending on paint condition and polish used. Let’s assume the dedicated polish and BF One Step correct the same if you maximize either one.

Thank-you for the response. Would BF all in one protect enough for Souther Florida, with 2-3 applications a year and BF sealant spray in between. I would like to avoid two steps.

acuRAS82
05-03-2019, 11:10 AM
Thank-you for the response. Would BF all in one protect enough for Souther Florida, with 2-3 applications a year and BF sealant spray in between. I would like to avoid two steps.

Mike P is in Southern FL and I believe he has seen 3 months out of it from a car he applied to. Using the spray Sealant inbetween could certainly extend that if you touch the car in the right way.

You could really-apply with a non-aggressive pad whenever you see degraded performance, or you could use a finishing Sealant at that time since the car probably doesn’t need to be polished so often.

tim500
05-03-2019, 11:14 AM
don't most sealants like pinnacle black label require polishing first so they adhere to the paint?

acuRAS82
05-03-2019, 02:12 PM
don't most sealants like pinnacle black label require polishing first so they adhere to the paint?

Yes, above I thought we were talking about BF One Step. PBL Sealant is best when put on a decon’d, polished surface, but it’s not extremely finicky and I’ve had it last 6 months on 1 year old paint that had never been polished or decon’d.

tim500
05-03-2019, 02:23 PM
what would be better BF one step and BF SiO2 Spray vs PBL sealant?

acuRAS82
05-03-2019, 10:59 PM
what would be better BF one step and BF SiO2 Spray vs PBL sealant?

You’re asking some difficult questions given I can’t see your paint or know your preferred amount of effort and results... but I’ll take my best shot using assumptions from your earlier posts in case it is helpful in any way:

You’re a new member to this forum, I’m guessing this may be your first foray into these types/qualities of products. I think your vehicle is in decent shape based on another thread, but not brand new or perfect.

I think the route of BF combo is best for beginning. It’s less effort than a detailed two step. Do the One Step with orange or white pads. I’m sure the resulting surface will please you, even though there may be some swirls that you are OK with. Top every month or two with SiO2 Spray. Note in my early post to you I assumed you were talking about BF Synthetic Spray (non-SiO2). The SiO2 Spray will last much longer, it’s synergistic with One Step and will bead and shine lovely. You can keep applying the SiO2 Spray (assuming you like it) after every 2-4 washes/weeks and probably have non-stop protection until 9-12 months when you can decide if you want to re-polish/coat with One Step to refresh the finish.

Or at the time you think the finish needs a refresh and you’re ready to correct with more perfection in mind, this is the time when you can grab the proper swirl remover or finishing polish, do a two step carefully, taking as much time as you need, then seal it with a top notch finishing protection like PBL Sealant, which will last 6 months on its own and is resin-based, so I’m sure BF SiO2 would play well with it.

tim500
05-04-2019, 06:23 AM
You’re asking some difficult questions given I can’t see your paint or know your preferred amount of effort and results... but I’ll take my best shot using assumptions from your earlier posts in case it is helpful in any way:

You’re a new member to this forum, I’m guessing this may be your first foray into these types/qualities of products. I think your vehicle is in decent shape based on another thread, but not brand new or perfect.

I think the route of BF combo is best for beginning. It’s less effort than a detailed two step. Do the One Step with orange or white pads. I’m sure the resulting surface will please you, even though there may be some swirls that you are OK with. Top every month or two with SiO2 Spray. Note in my early post to you I assumed you were talking about BF Synthetic Spray (non-SiO2). The SiO2 Spray will last much longer, it’s synergistic with One Step and will bead and shine lovely. You can keep applying the SiO2 Spray (assuming you like it) after every 2-4 washes/weeks and probably have non-stop protection until 9-12 months when you can decide if you want to re-polish/coat with One Step to refresh the finish.

Or at the time you think the finish needs a refresh and you’re ready to correct with more perfection in mind, this is the time when you can grab the proper swirl remover or finishing polish, do a two step carefully, taking as much time as you need, then seal it with a top notch finishing protection like PBL Sealant, which will last 6 months on its own and is resin-based, so I’m sure BF SiO2 would play well with it.

Thank you for the response and attention to detail that you put in it applying your knowledge to my situation. I appreciate it. I was looking for an easy product with fewest steps. Thanks.

fightnews
05-04-2019, 07:40 AM
Great product but applying it (or any abrasive) by hand is just not worth it.

tim500
05-04-2019, 07:42 AM
I thought it was easy to apply by hand.