PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire one step

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

rlmccarty2000
06-29-2019, 09:09 PM
black car. I think they are water spots. they weren't there last week and I noticed them after I washed my car this week. I read that Chemical Guys VSS Swirl and Scratch Remover is good for removing water spots, is that true?

Most any abrasive containing polish will remove water spots. Try removing first with a non-abrasive cleaner to save your clear coat.

tim500
06-29-2019, 09:12 PM
can water spots be removed by hand or does it need to be done with a buffer?

ScottH
06-30-2019, 07:24 AM
Tim depends how long they have been there. Fresh water spots can be removed by hand - McKees has a product called Water Spot Remover. I use it and it works and from the smell of it - it contains vinegar and no abrasives - which as someone rightly said above should be your first method. If that doesn’t work, yes you can try a product with mild abrasives like an AIO. Although not their primary intended application, I have removed spots using a fine glaze and jeweling wax.

As with removal of any defects - start mild and get more aggressive as necessary

ScottH

tim500
07-07-2019, 12:15 PM
Finally got it out with machine buffing. I have owned and waxed cars for over 20 years and never had water spots stain my cars. I have used liquid glass to Meguiars. I am starting to think that Blackfire just doesn't provide the protection.