PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire one step

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

tim500
05-19-2019, 08:15 PM
how soon after applying Blackfire all in one can I happy bf sio2?

acuRAS82
05-20-2019, 07:25 AM
how soon after applying Blackfire all in one can I happy bf sio2?

Probably immediately, but an educated-sounding answer is 2-12 hours I would guess if it has the same polymers as BF sealant, which I think it does. Something like 90% of cross linking is done by 2 hours, and the remaining last bit will be done by 10 (I had this question long ago about wet diamond polymer cure times).

tim500
05-20-2019, 11:37 AM
How much more correction does bf paint cleaner have than bf all in one?

acuRAS82
05-20-2019, 05:36 PM
How much more correction does bf paint cleaner have than bf all in one?

None. The paint cleaner doesn’t have abrasives. It only deep cleans the paint with chemicals, and fills some with the oils.

tim500
05-20-2019, 06:32 PM
None. The paint cleaner doesn’t have abrasives. It only deep cleans the paint with chemicals, and fills some with the oils.

Will the oils fill in rock chips?

expdetailing
05-20-2019, 06:44 PM
No, but you can build touch up paint in the rock chip hole high enough to be above the paint's surface, then sand smooth, and then compound/polish/seal. There's videos on YT re this method.
I saw suggested was a polisher. I would just go ahead and invest in one, especially if you plan to take care of your car. It's not difficult, and your arm, shoulder, lower back, and right between your shoulder blades will thank you.
Rock chips are easily fixed when you have a buffer and some supplies.

tim500
06-28-2019, 05:07 PM
how does one step compare to HD Speed All in One for removing swirl marks and water spots?

Jayfro
06-28-2019, 05:38 PM
I cannot comment on HD Speed since I've never used it but I'm a Raving Fan of One Step. I completed my Black Pearl Acura (very soft clear coat) a few weeks ago that had significant marring from a previous product as well as plenty of swirls...it came out magnificent.

I also just finished my wife's White BMW X3 (Med-hard clear) that seemed liked it lived in the "tunnel of swirls", I knocked out about 80-90% of the swirls, I couldn't get the deeper scratches since I'm pretty new at detailing and I probably didn't have the talent and correct pads to go after the deeper scratches, probably needed MF pads and I'm not to that level yet. I'll be posting pics of her car this weekend if I have time.

As for the water marks, my Acura had tons of them on the hood and trunk lid, One Step eliminated all of them. The previous product didn't touch them at all on the previous try and it was a fairly aggressive product from what I've been told, that why I went back a week or two later to try to knock them out but instead marred the entire car!

Again, I'm a self admitted One Step cheerleader and never used HD Speed, but you won't go wrong using One Step.

Jay

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

tim500
06-29-2019, 02:03 PM
I have bf all in one and like it but need more correction due to water spots. Is hd speed more aggressive?

ScottH
06-29-2019, 03:52 PM
About water spots...my experience is there are water spots and then there are WATER SPOTS. I too loved BF One Step and have had great success with removing water spots with an orange LC CCS pad. It also excels at glossing paint...I love it. However, I just had a massive F250 jacked up to the sky, in dark brown and was covered in WATER SPOTS. BF One Step did not have enough bite to remove them, and I wasn’t upset about that, after all it’s an AIO. Had to use MC37 Aggressive cut compound and Griots Correcting Cream (see Show and Shine section from May).

But I don’t know of any AIO that would have taken down these WATER SPOTS. BF One Step is a great product and did a really good job at removing swirl marks with slow passes on yellow and orange pads.

ScottH

tim500
06-29-2019, 04:03 PM
About water spots...my experience is there are water spots and then there are WATER SPOTS. I too loved BF One Step and have had great success with removing water spots with an orange LC CCS pad. It also excels at glossing paint...I love it. However, I just had a massive F250 jacked up to the sky, in dark brown and was covered in WATER SPOTS. BF One Step did not have enough bite to remove them, and I wasn’t upset about that, after all it’s an AIO. Had to use MC37 Aggressive cut compound and Griots Correcting Cream (see Show and Shine section from May).

But I don’t know of any AIO that would have taken down these WATER SPOTS. BF One Step is a great product and did a really good job at removing swirl marks with slow passes on yellow and orange pads.

ScottH

Thank you for the great response. How does hd fast compare to bf with swirl marks?

tim500
06-29-2019, 08:15 PM
what I don't understand is how I got water spots on my paint. I had used BF all in one and wash weekly. All I can think of is water got on it and the sun baked it in.

ScottH
06-29-2019, 08:43 PM
Tim I don’t use HD Speed so I can’t say. I predominately use BF One Step, MCKees 360 and Griot’s Finishing Sealant as my AIO’s. I would say BF has the most cut of the three. 360 is hard to beat for durability as I have seen it last 9 months on a friend’s car that is absolutely neglected. Next time I do his car I will use BF One Step because his car is an excellent ‘test bed’ for durability. It is washed ONCE a year ... when it comes to my place. Griot’s Finishing Sealant has the least cut of the three but is an absolute pleasure to work with. Endless working time, smells great and leaves a brilliant shine. It also has the least durability of the three, but I slouch in this department either. You can’t go wrong with any of these 3 IMHO.

ScottH

ScottH
06-29-2019, 08:44 PM
what I don't understand is how I got water spots on my paint. I had used BF all in one and wash weekly. All I can think of is water got on it and the sun baked it in.

Tim what color is the car? Were your water spots true water spots or dirt that formed around water beads and dried (those come off easy)

ScottH

tim500
06-29-2019, 08:49 PM
black car. I think they are water spots. they weren't there last week and I noticed them after I washed my car this week. I read that Chemical Guys VSS Swirl and Scratch Remover is good for removing water spots, is that true?