PDA

View Full Version : Foam cannon re-assembly adjuster

Cleanfreak623
04-27-2019, 05:32 PM
So..... I took apart my chemical guys foam cannon and changed the filter etc. When trying to re-assemble it the tip of it will not screw back on as it was. The flaps that adjust are now on an angle and next time I use it I will look like a gangsta shooting foam at my trucks [emoji2369]. I cannot for the life of me get the brass fitting to line up properly. It’ll only go so much.... I could use an impact but I don’t want to muscle it and break it. The brass took a beating trying to get it off. Not sure why they apply lock tight to these things!!! Threads were full Of red lock tight [emoji35]. They know we have to maintain and clean these things right? Had to use an impact gun to get the (bad word) thing off lol.

Anyways, what’s the trick? Am I missing something here ?

To clarify. It’s not the plastic cover that’s the issue. It’s the brass fitting under it.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190427/5d17e50386b78ad76363f803bcd681bd.jpg

sudsmobile
04-27-2019, 08:01 PM
I honestly don't think that thing's supposed to be disassembled. Why did you take it apart?

PaulMys
04-27-2019, 08:07 PM
I honestly don't think that thing's supposed to be disassembled. Why did you take it apart?

I'm not familiar with this product exactly, but if the assembly was with red Loctite (The strongest one they make) I'm pretty sure they didn't intend for it to be disassembled.

Cleanfreak623
04-27-2019, 08:11 PM

As far as I know it’s the only way to get the filter out. It wasn’t producing foam and chemical guys mentioned in Instagram it could be the filter. So I took it all apart. Cleaned everything with a toothbrush and put in new filter.

I will try it tomorrow and see if it works. If not I suppose I’ll buy my 3rd foam cannon [emoji2369]

PaulMys
04-27-2019, 08:14 PM
Like I said, I am not familiar with it.

Would you be able to post pics?

I'm a mechanic by trade. If I could view a pic, I might have a better idea of what's going on.

briarpatch
04-27-2019, 09:43 PM
I have the same issue with the Amazon 20.00 special I put a new filter in. Mine ended up just turned slightly, and for the money, I've just learned to live with it. I've also learned you get what you pay for, and have since stepped up to a PF22. The cheapie now is relegated for pre-wash foaming.

oneheadlite
04-28-2019, 12:00 AM
Any chance the loctite was to lock the fitting in the correct orientation, and seal the threads for if the fitting is not tightened 100% into the threads (which it sounds like was probably the case)?

Seems like pretty precise machining for pretty inexpensive parts for them to guarantee correct orientation every time when torqued down.

Like Paul, I’m a visual person and haven’t had one apart myself. Just basing it off of my interpretation of how they go together and experience from other threaded fittings.

Cleanfreak623
04-28-2019, 05:52 AM
Any chance the loctite was to lock the fitting in the correct orientation, and seal the threads for if the fitting is not tightened 100% into the threads (which it sounds like was probably the case)?

Seems like pretty precise machining for pretty inexpensive parts for them to guarantee correct orientation every time when torqued down.

Like Paul, I’m a visual person and haven’t had one apart myself. Just basing it off of my interpretation of how they go together and experience from other threaded fittings.

I think you nailed it! Genius! The loctite was probably simply for orientation of the fitting! Let sit and it locks it onto place. I though about leaving it in the appropriate position but it was loose.

See! This is why I post stuff like this. Sometimes you need someone smarter and thinking outside the box!

I owe you a beer or two good sir!

Cleanfreak623
04-28-2019, 05:53 AM
I have the same issue with the Amazon 20.00 special I put a new filter in. Mine ended up just turned slightly, and for the money, I've just learned to live with it. I've also learned you get what you pay for, and have since stepped up to a PF22. The cheapie now is relegated for pre-wash foaming.

Apparently you can change the Orifice to a smaller diameter hole. I bought one on amazon for $13 and came with filter.

briarpatch
04-28-2019, 08:29 AM
Apparently you can change the Orifice to a smaller diameter hole. I bought one on amazon for $13 and came with filter.

you can....but I believe it's only recommended to do so if you have a lower output (typically electric) pressure washer