PDA

View Full Version : Glass detailing?

wakame
04-27-2019, 02:09 PM
Are there any product that design for glass? My wife just got a new car and the roof is mostly glass. I’m getting some cquartz uk to apply on my car, wonder if I could use it on glass too.

AaronE
04-27-2019, 02:14 PM
What exactly is your goal to accomplish?

wakame
04-27-2019, 03:14 PM
I want to make it looks glossy. Mainly not crazy amount of water spot.

TTQ B4U
04-27-2019, 03:36 PM
UK will work but IMO a glass coating will be cheaper to use

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The Guz
04-27-2019, 05:15 PM
Are there any product that design for glass? My wife just got a new car and the roof is mostly glass. I’m getting some cquartz uk to apply on my car, wonder if I could use it on glass too.

CQUK will work fine on all the glass except the front glass. It won't do well with the abrasion from the wipers. You will need to go for CarPro's dedicated glass coating FlyByForte for the front glass.

Be sure to polish and prep wipe prior to coating the glass to get the maximum bond.

wakame
04-28-2019, 07:55 AM
CQUK will work fine on all the glass except the front glass. It won't do well with the abrasion from the wipers. You will need to go for CarPro's dedicated glass coating FlyByForte for the front glass.

Be sure to polish and prep wipe prior to coating the glass to get the maximum bond.

What are some products that are recommended other than the FlyBy?

TTQ B4U
04-28-2019, 07:57 AM

McKee's. What I like about it is that it's one of the only ones I've seen not cause shudder. Never had luck with the others.

PA DETAILER
04-28-2019, 09:41 AM
Pinnacle Glass Clean and Seal Kit (https://www.autogeek.net/pin-glass-clean-seal-kit.html)

I have been using the Pinnacle twins since the truck was new. No complaints. Good products.

The Guz
04-28-2019, 12:35 PM

Take your pick as there are quite a few glass coatings and sealants.

A few more

Gyeon View
Mckee’s
Optimum Opti-Glass

Mckee’s is not the longest lasting but it is easy to use.

Ferox
04-28-2019, 12:35 PM
In addition to what pro 4 x has mentioned and referred to, I also use those two as well as just recently picked up and tried this-Pinnacle GlassWork Water Spot Remover, hard water spot remover, glass water spot remover, glass polish, water spot remover for cars (https://www.autogeek.net/pinnacle-glass-water-spot-remover.html)

After using that with a LC white with a GG 6” speed on 4, wipe off, clean and seal, the wife later took the car out to the store and when she was returning to the car she thought she left the driver/ back passenger side windows open.