PDA

View Full Version : I've tried all kinds of waxes and sealants and I keep going back to Collinite 476.

Pages : [1] 2 3

DavidAl
04-22-2019, 10:55 PM
Ya'll can keep your hot new sprays and leave me with my good ol' can of Collinite 476. That is all. Thanks for clicking.

acuRAS82
04-22-2019, 11:49 PM
No problems with that!

TTQ B4U
04-23-2019, 04:44 AM
it's my go-to long-term sealant if someone wants to go that route vs a coating. downside to it IMO is static and dust attraction.

FUNX650
04-23-2019, 07:41 AM
Ya'll can keep your hot new sprays
and leave me with my good ol' can
of Collinite 476. That is all.
Thanks for clicking.
•Good for you!
-(After all: I’m the same way with
good ol’ Finish Kare 1000P.)

•Even though some may deem that it goes
against the “accepted standards of behavior”
(for a particular profession)...
-IMHO: there’s nothing unethical, or
morally wrong, with being a Luddite.

Bob

Belo
04-23-2019, 07:56 AM
I have similar tried and true stories in my life. With everything from hunting, guns and certain brands i'm loyal too. But will say that it's good every now and then to peak into the new stuff. You might be surprised.

Sincerely,

A guy who has never coated, but likes some of these spray and wipe / spray and rinse :)

bofh
04-23-2019, 09:19 AM
it's my go-to long-term sealant if someone wants to go that route vs a coating. downside to it IMO is static and dust attraction.

Any suggestions for LSPs that are better for avoiding static and dust attraction?

Finick
04-23-2019, 11:06 AM
•Good for you!
-(After all: I’m the same way with
good ol’ Finish Kare 1000P.)

•Even though some may deem that it goes
against the “accepted standards of behavior”
(for a particular profession)...
-IMHO: there’s nothing unethical, or
morally wrong, with being a Luddite.

Bob

Took the words right out of my mouth, Bobarooski.

I’ve spent most of my life seeking out simplicity in my hobbies and interests. When I first approached getting back into detailing it was kind of overwhelming considering all the new options (2008->2018ish hiatus) available.

Since then I’ve been searching for stuff that “just works” that I can stick with. It’s been proving difficult, but I feel like I’m on the home stretch at this point.

I’m not one to dream of shelves full of products, but maybe one shelf full of stuff that does exactly what I want, with very little redundancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yakky
04-23-2019, 01:41 PM
I feel the same way about 845. I've done side by sides with so many products and a couple of coatings. The dust issue is so trivial if even real. Same with perceived dirt shedding.

TTQ B4U
04-23-2019, 01:54 PM
Any suggestions for LSPs that are better for avoiding static and dust attraction?

Coatings. Of all the waxes and sealants I just find they all tend to be solid but just don't self-clean or sheet dirt nearly as well as a coating and general tend to not release dust as well either. In fact it's early Pollen Season right now but it's still raining down dust all day and my two vehicles, the black Q50 and blue Jeep are both coated and my nieghbor watch me litterally leaf blow both clean. I may even just go do a video for giggles :)

Don't get me wrong, Collinite 476 and Finish Kare 1000P are my two favorite go-to hybrid sealants and I love them. FK in the summer and 476 in the winter. I just have moved onto what I feel are more effective products in ceramic coatings.

Klasse Act
04-23-2019, 05:08 PM
I'd never argue with anyone who loves #476 double coat, or #915 for that matter and this is coming from someone who's all about coatings and spray on, hose off toppers. These products are true "old school" products, right down to the metal tin they're in even, LOL! The only thing "new school" you wanna apply when using those products is the "thin is in" method, those Popeye arms from the old days are overrated, trust me, LOL!

PaulMys
04-23-2019, 05:37 PM
Ya'll can keep your hot new sprays and leave me with my good ol' can of Collinite 476. That is all. Thanks for clicking.

Amen, Brother David!

DavidAl
04-23-2019, 05:49 PM
Compare the product lineup and marketing behind Collinite to the lineup and marketing behind a company like Chemical Guys.

It’s day and night, yet CG can’t hold a candle to Collinite in durability and protection-the reason why I and many others use it.

The only other product that’s equal to Collinite in protection and Durability is FK1000p. That’s it.

Why look elsewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

kbmag1
04-23-2019, 07:04 PM
I'd add Duragloss 501/601 and 111/601 for the durability list. Clean with 932 and top if desired with AW.

dlc95
04-23-2019, 09:59 PM
I hear that.

For me it's Duragloss (111 CCP).

I believe that one has been around since the 70's or 80's. It just works. There are many that I have liked, but if O was to start over, it would be my only traditional pure sealant.

dlc95
04-23-2019, 10:09 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth, Bobarooski.

I’ve spent most of my life seeking out simplicity in my hobbies and interests. When I first approached getting back into detailing it was kind of overwhelming considering all the new options (2008->2018ish hiatus) available.

Since then I’ve been searching for stuff that “just works” that I can stick with. It’s been proving difficult, but I feel like I’m on the home stretch at this point.

I’m not one to dream of shelves full of products, but maybe one shelf full of stuff that does exactly what I want, with very little redundancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can appreciate that.

One of the first things I noticed in the forums back in 08/09 was the incredible amounts of product in their shelves. I was like that with drum gear. 10 drum sets, necessary hardware packs, over a hundred cymbals...

SUPERFLUOUS.

Today I've sort of resigned myself to a core set of products that will work in a wide variety of situations (Menzerna abrasives / Duragloss sealants), newer items that have piqued my interest (3D One. ACA 500, ACA 520 to come), and a Rupes System.

Things that didn't make the "cut" got the cut.