PDA

View Full Version : coating that does NOT require topping?

makima
04-19-2019, 05:36 AM
hi AG,

please recommend me a coating that does NOT require topping.
i mean, prepare the surface, apply coating and for an year just proper wash the car and be happy about.

cheers!

acuRAS82
04-19-2019, 06:16 AM
I think most coatings are able to be like this. People just top for refreshed shine, updated behavior/beading and for something to do.

Desertnate
04-19-2019, 07:38 AM
I think most coatings are able to be like this. People just top for refreshed shine, updated behavior/beading and for something to do.

Agree. I've tried MacKee's 37 Paint coating and CQuartz UK v2 and both have performed extreamly well for over a year with no toppers. I just kep them clean and did a QD wipe down after the wash to remove any water spots.

Low maintenance is what continues to attract me to coatings. After I take the time to properly prep and apply the product it's nice to know I really don't have to do anything special for nearly two years besides washing. Many companies offer toppers and other special products to "maintain" the coating, and while I'm sure many of them do offer some benefit, the coatings themselves will stand on their own just fine without.