PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaking: Carpet Cleaner to a Stain

AaronE
04-18-2019, 08:53 PM
Hey everyone!

I've started to do some research to improve my carpet cleaning skills (both in the car and the house). One thing I've noticed is the matching of the cleaner type to the cause of the stain itself to remove it. Does anyone have any insight to some of these matches for common stains like salt, coffee, soda, grease, blue jeans (on seats), etc?

For context I'm using a Hoover Elite scrubber both in the house and on the cars with Zep high traffic treatment and their shampoo.

Thanks for the help everyone.

392hemi
04-18-2019, 09:03 PM
I used to use Folex or Woolite and even Oxiclean. I have a Bissel Spot Pro I think and then I started to use the solution that came with it that worked well.

ALWAYS do a test spot in an inconspicuous area!!! I've even had Folex change the color on a lighter tan carpet where I spot cleaned.

This is a good read.

How to remove stains from red wine, blood, coffee, grease, ink, and more | Popular Science (https://www.popsci.com/remove-any-stain#page-4)

AaronE
04-18-2019, 10:33 PM
I used to use Folex or Woolite and even Oxiclean. I have a Bissel Spot Pro I think and then I started to use the solution that came with it that worked well.

ALWAYS do a test spot in an inconspicuous area!!! I've even had Folex change the color on a lighter tan carpet where I spot cleaned.

This is a good read.

How to remove stains from red wine, blood, coffee, grease, ink, and more | Popular Science (https://www.popsci.com/remove-any-stain#page-4)This is an awesome guide!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

m4gician
04-19-2019, 09:47 AM
Klasse Sealant Glaze.

So hard to work with when I was starting out. a little really goes a long way with that one though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

VR8
04-19-2019, 12:58 PM
Meguiar's two different fabric cleaners, Protein Stain Remover and Fiber Rinse & Tannin Stain Remover, give a good list of examples for what they each will clean. I find the Protein Stain Remover will work 75% of the time, thankfully, because it's much cheaper.

BillE
04-20-2019, 08:15 AM
You have a janitorial supply store nearby? Give them a try, good chance they will have list of product(s) and which stain they will remove. Then compare them with what you have on hand or need to purchase.

Bill

SWETM
04-21-2019, 07:00 AM
Different chemicals desolves different kind of dirt is something I believe in. Sure some can desolve the same kind but differently effective. This is just not on carpets but as a detailing at whole. Carpets though gets very different kind of dirt on them so a set of cleaners is a must IMO as a proffessional. Sorry but I have not looked closely as what desolves what in the interior part and carpets. One thing that I know is a big benefit is hot water. So a hot water extractor or and a steamer is a very usefull tool. Water is one of the best solvents out there. Then comes aggitations with brushes or mf or cotton. And on the hard to remove stains the help of the right chemical to desolve it is needed.