PDA

View Full Version : Detailers Marketing Coatings More than Their Brand.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
04-18-2019, 07:02 PM
I have learned many things from Mike Phillips, one of the most vital things I took from Mike is the importance of branding your self.

This video I go over the topic of how Detailers are marketing coatings so much that it’s over shadowing their work.

Coatings are a great stream of extra revenue for every detailing businesses, however I think “coatings” are getting all the credit for the showroom finish after we are done detailing.

YouTube (https://youtu.be/ed0LCarIylU)

PaulMys
04-18-2019, 08:11 PM
You are spot on, Joe.

Incredibly well said from a guy who knows his stuff.

I always learn something from you. :)

VISITOR
04-18-2019, 08:39 PM
excellent info and insight, thanks for sharing Joe! :dblthumb2:

Aaryn NZ
04-18-2019, 08:42 PM
Nice one Joe! :props:

I guess I had never really thought about it in that way before but damn, you’re spot on for sure. That’s a really valuable way to think about it. I’m not super good at marketing in any form but word of mouth is my businesses best by far.

I have a Facebook page, I try to keep that fresh as often as possible & I also attempt to keep it simple & not over complicate the ‘story’ because my clients are most likely not interested in the science behind the results as much as the results themselves.

Instagram . . . To be fair, I’m unsure how it really works. I’m very new to Instagram & for what I can tell, it reaches some potential customers but much of my followers are from overseas. I guess it’s a showcase of my work for reference if someone requests it.

Trying to think of how Details is ‘marketed’ & being that I’m a tier one Feynlab Installer & also A Certified CQuartz Finest Installer, I guess these are important attributes but I don’t think I really use this as a marketing tool for Details.
You’re 100% right Joe - Details was built on MY abilities as a detailer, not the products I use, the tools I wield, nor the Coatings I install - its all about US & the standards within!

Great video Joe . . . Actually, Outstanding video! I hope many many folks tune in & watch it. Thank you for making the video & for sharing it here too. :props:

Aaryn NZ. :dblthumb2:

dlc95
04-19-2019, 11:53 AM
As "ceramics" (not necessarily "coatings") become more accessible and easier to apply, the perception to the general public may shift.

I had quoted a four figure price to coat a new Corvette recently, and they said they had someone who would do it for $400.00.

I couldn't help but wonder if the other detailer was going to hit it with a polish, and "coat" with something like a ceramic spray wax type product...

Mike Phillips
04-19-2019, 02:13 PM
Excellent points shared Joe.

Don't think I could have said it better myself.

:dblthumb2: