PDA

View Full Version : Applied 2x Optimum Gloss-Coat Paint, can Klasses AIO after?

goyard
04-15-2019, 09:56 AM
I had prep the car and applied 2 coats of Optimum Gloss V2.
(First coat is on Monday, and 2nd coat is on Thursday)
On Friday, my brother came and brought his klasses AIO and worked on his car. He suggested I should use the AIO on my car and then put on optimum Opti-Seal after.

The question is, will the Klasses AIO polish out my ceramic coating? I am just worry about that and I had spent a lot of time for the prep.

Thanks everyone!

The Guz
04-15-2019, 10:41 AM
No need to use it. Stick with Gloss Coat and enjoy.

vobro
04-15-2019, 01:05 PM
Don't understand your logic here, why coat your car and then less than a week later put an aio on it? More is not better and makes no sense

goyard
04-15-2019, 02:08 PM
Don't understand your logic here, why coat your car and then less than a week later put an aio on it? More is not better and makes no sense

I thought it will add another layer of protection on top of the coating. also more shine/glossy look.

Nix
04-15-2019, 02:35 PM
I thought it will add another layer of protection on top of the coating. also more shine/glossy look.

nope..

vobro
04-15-2019, 02:53 PM
If anything just use the Opti-Seal on occasion. The way the GC will work best is to keep it clean and let it do its job, clogging up the surface with other products will impact the GC performance. Again more is not better and especially using a chemical aio on a coating that may or may not have fully cured is counter productive

FUNX650
04-15-2019, 03:04 PM
I thought it will add another layer of protection
on top of the coating. also more shine/glossy look.

If you’re not satisfied with the shine/gloss
that Optimum Gloss-Coat is providing, it
can be “topped” with Finishing Sealants; for
example: Optimum Car Wax and Opti-Seal.

Note:
Although Klasse AIO is not considered to be
very aggressive, Klasse High Gloss Paint
Sealant (K-HGPS)—a Finishing Sealant—would
be more apropos in this particular case, IMO.

Bob

Desertnate
04-15-2019, 03:17 PM
...especially using a chemical aio on a coating...

This is a key point. Klasse AIO is a product with chemical cleaners designed to strip away anything on the suface of the paint it's being applied. Any traditional AIO would do the same thing, only with abrassives. You'd actually be removing some of the coating if you applied with Klasse AIO.

Long ago, the idea was Klasse AIO was a prep product to be used in order to make Klasse Sealant Glaze bond better to the surface and last longer. It just happened to have some protective abilities, so people will use it as a stand-along product as well.

The Guz
04-15-2019, 06:45 PM

If you want to add another layer then stick with optimum products. Wash and get yourself some hyper seal (has to be ordered straight from optimum) to be your topper.

I disliked opti-seal over Gloss Coat as it took away from the hydrophobic properties, self cleaning effect and overall performance away from Gloss Coat.