PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Wiper Blade

Pages : [1] 2

craigv
04-14-2019, 07:47 PM
I would like to periodically clean the rubber blade on my wipers. I had used IPA before but then realized that might dry out the rubber. A silicone product might make it too oily/greasy.

what have you used with success or what would you recommend?

Thanks!

jimmers
04-14-2019, 08:39 PM
I've heard of others using 303 on them. I personally haven't tried it myself though.

dcjredline
04-15-2019, 12:43 AM
Ive always used Glass Cleaner.

TTQ B4U
04-15-2019, 06:00 AM
If they are working without issue, I don't mess with them other than just a wipe off when washing. If they begin to shudder/skip I strip and start over on the glass. If they are over 6-9 months old I simply replace the inserts too.

Sports Fan
04-18-2019, 06:15 PM
I've heard of others using 303 on them. I personally haven't tried it myself though.I saw a video where someone pre-treated and conditioned new wiper blades with 303 before applying them, so I tried it and it seems to have worked. He said to periodically clean them (I believe, every 6 months or so) with 303 and they should last for a pretty long time. Time will tell if this actually works.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

392hemi
04-18-2019, 07:09 PM
I would like to periodically clean the rubber blade on my wipers. I had used IPA before but then realized that might dry out the rubber. A silicone product might make it too oily/greasy.

what have you used with success or what would you recommend?

Thanks!

I use whatever I wash the car with.

PaulMys
04-18-2019, 07:29 PM
I use whatever I wash the car with.

Same here. Plus, I change mine out every spring and fall so they are never more than 6 months old.

40 bucks twice a year is well worth it to me.

392hemi
04-18-2019, 08:45 PM
Same here. Plus, I change mine out every spring and fall so they are never more than 6 months old.

40 bucks twice a year is well worth it to me.

You know surprisingly I cleaned my blades every wash and have not had to replace them on past 2 cars for for 3 years each. This was in the north east, with OEM wiper blades on my Dodge Chargers.

Otherwise I've use the Boch Icons and Rainx Lattitude and were loads better than than cheap ones. They offered a cleaner wipe, longer lasting, amazing in rain, snow and sleet. Worth the money over cheaper ones.

The Rainx Lattitude also seem to apply Rainx via the blades when they are new. I think my past newer cars have had factory silicone blades and hence the great performance?

I applied Mothers CMX to my current blades along with windshield and its doing great. Your market my vary. I think my current blades are silicone.

PaulMys
04-18-2019, 08:48 PM
You know surprisingly I cleaned my blades every wash and have not had to replace them on past 2 cars for for 3 years each. This was in the north east, with OEM wiper blades on my Dodge Chargers.

Otherwise I've use the Boch Icons and Rainx Lattitude and were loads better than than cheap ones. They offered a cleaner wipe, longer lasting, amazing in rain, snow and sleet. Worth the money over cheaper ones.

The Rainx Lattitude also seem to apply Rainx via the blades when they are new. I think my past newer cars have had factory silicone blades and hence the great performance?

I applied Mothers CMX to my current blades along with windshield and its doing great. Your market my vary. I think my current blades are silicone.

MOPAR blades.

All things MOPAR are superior...... :)

392hemi
04-18-2019, 08:56 PM
MOPAR blades.

All things MOPAR are superior...... :)

Mopar or no car!

Coatingsarecrack
04-18-2019, 09:00 PM
Mopar or no car!

Mostly Old Paint Or Rust....[emoji6][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coatingsarecrack
04-18-2019, 09:02 PM

*And

PaulMys
04-18-2019, 09:06 PM

Picture one finger.........

392hemi
04-18-2019, 09:07 PM

Found the Ford guy, behind us as usual. Lol

All jokes aside it is insane what the 3 muscle cars have in the current HP race. I would gladly take a V8 Camaro, Mustang or Charger/Challenger.

Coatingsarecrack
04-18-2019, 09:31 PM
All jokes aside I’m the same. Just your personal choice when it comes to the American muscle. Just to be honest I’d take a Hellcat over a Roushe or a ZL1.