PDA

View Full Version : Question My first full detail tomorrow

Bgates222
04-12-2019, 08:17 PM
Hi I知 starting my first full detail on a black car and I have a question regarding the beginning process, I. Have chemical guys clean slate, griots paint prep and rust oleum auto wax remover. Should I use the clean slate first and just use the griots after the coating and polishing process ? Or can I use the paint prep both times? I知 not sure if it removes road film like the clean slate or the. Rust oleum , as always thanks for your feedback

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

acuRAS82
04-13-2019, 07:16 AM
Keep it simple, use the clean slate first and the paint prep after final polishing. Not sure if you mean you are doing the coating after polishing, but if so definitely use the paint prep. If just using wax or sealant you could probably skip the paint prep unless sealant directions call for it.

Eldorado2k
04-13-2019, 07:23 AM
I agree, if you池e not finishing off with an actual coating, skip all the paint prep products and go straight from polishing to lsp. The less bare wiping you do on black paint before lsp is applied the better.

Bgates222
04-13-2019, 10:32 AM
Hey thanks I知 using bead maker after the polishing stage so I should use the paint prep to take off the leftover finishing polish correct ?

Eldorado2k
04-13-2019, 10:50 AM
Hey thanks I知 using bead maker after the polishing stage so I should use the paint prep to take off the leftover finishing polish correct ?

Nope, no need to use any special prep. I certainly wouldn稚.

Go straight from polishing to Beadmaker.

acuRAS82
04-13-2019, 11:25 PM
Agree with Eldo... Beadmaker longevity won't care much about surgically clean surface vs. one with polishing oils... the oils help the look of the surface... leave them on if not doing a finicky LSP or coating.