PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use cleaner waxes?

scooterguitar
07-13-2006, 10:45 AM
I mean,s ince we all lile stripping and applying layers of stuff, is anyone just using a cleaner wax? I have regular MooseWax and it has cleaners, but i have never used it because I polish, glaze or seal, then nuba. Where do cleaner waxes have a place? I can see for the person who only wants to do a simple step process every few months, but where doe sit lie within our realm of liking to detail?

Surfer
07-13-2006, 11:16 AM
I've used Meg's cleaner wax once. Came as a sample in their clay detailing kit I bought awhile ago. Like you, I can only see it being used for something simple. I only detail our cars/trucks and will stick with AIO.

I could see it maybe being useful if you were a detailer and doing clients cars as it seemed easier to work then AIO, could do something cheap like Megs Cleaner Wax and then NXT. I think Justin on here does that combo a lot for his clients, cheap for his cost (equals more profit) heh.

ScottB
07-13-2006, 11:22 AM
I think most would prefer a product that specializes in each area of detailing:

wash, clay, polish, and protect

but can tell you that alot of casual detailers prefer AIO type products. AIO, Prime, Polish w/ carnuaba, and Acrylic Jacket would be nice choices.

scooterguitar
07-13-2006, 11:31 AM
So, really they are more or less for the occasinal person who waxes?

SVTContour
07-13-2006, 05:49 PM
I have a good example of when a Carnauba Cleaner Wax did just the trick for me. I live in cold @$$ Michigan and this past January it actually warmed up to above 50 degrees. My car could definitely use some protection even if it was just a carnauba. However, the weather forecast said it was going to be pouring rain at night. So I figured that a sealant wouldn't have enough time to cure. I put the carnauba cleaner wax on and sure enough that night it rained hard and long. My car had enough protection to last until when it warmed up a bit more and the carnauba cleaner wax did the trick for me!

kellyinkc
07-13-2006, 06:14 PM
I use it on white cars in a pinch.

ScottB
07-13-2006, 06:15 PM
I have a good example of when a Carnauba Cleaner Wax did just the trick for me. I live in cold @$$ Michigan and this past January it actually warmed up to above 50 degrees. My car could definitely use some protection even if it was just a carnauba. However, the weather forecast said it was going to be pouring rain at night. So I figured that a sealant wouldn't have enough time to cure. I put the carnauba cleaner wax on and sure enough that night it rained hard and long. My car had enough protection to last until when it warmed up a bit more and the carnauba cleaner wax did the trick for me!

Michigan huh .... my mom and sister live there. Use to live in Royal Oak ... off 13 mile. Damn I love the Woodward Dream Cruise , maybe you and I can talk Bob into a tent with Pinnacle, Wolfgang, and DP. Mom recently relocated to White Lake to retire. The people are sure alot nicer in Michigan, but the weather is much to ugly and cold. Spent a couple summers on Walled Lake and Houghton Lake, what nice memories.

justin_murphy
07-13-2006, 06:22 PM
I use Meguiar's Cleaner Wax alot. Very easy to use by hand and even easier with a PC. You will not get the same results as with a swirl remover and seperate wax. I use it when a customer does not want to pay for a multi-stage detail. I am getting about a months worth of protection out of one coat.
Here's a post where I did a Cleaner Wax only detail...
Cleaner Wax'd Land Rover (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1076)

Turned out nice and I'm actually doing the 2-week follow up wash on it tomorrow.

scooterguitar
07-13-2006, 06:56 PM
That looks good Justin! You also have some cheapo Mothers on the way;)

That sound slike my best scenario, to use in cold weather when you are pushed for time. Or when in a real hurry.
Brings up another?, what do we do in the dead of winter with snow, etc? All my hoses are off or they'll freeze. My only thought is what, QD as much as you can, then have to tak eit to a do it yourself carwash or a regualr swirl maker drivethru?

justin_murphy
07-13-2006, 07:30 PM
That looks good Justin! You also have some cheapo Mothers on the way;)

That sound slike my best scenario, to use in cold weather when you are pushed for time. Or when in a real hurry.
Brings up another?, what do we do in the dead of winter with snow, etc? All my hoses are off or they'll freeze. My only thought is what, QD as much as you can, then have to tak eit to a do it yourself carwash or a regualr swirl maker drivethru?

DP 4 in 1 rinseless wash. One bucket of warm water and you're done. You can even do it in a garage if you're carefull enuff.