PDA

View Full Version : New Paint

kyhoward
04-06-2019, 03:40 PM
I have a 1967 Corvette that is presently being painted Marlboro Maroon in base coat/clear coat.
This car will be garaged with a car cover and only driven on nice days.
This car will be passed down through my children/grandchildren so I want to take the best care of the new paint from the start.
Any suggestions regarding products to use to help me maintain the paint would be appreciated

vobro
04-06-2019, 03:54 PM
Yes avoid the car cover! To help us help you are you looking for soaps,waxes,towels etc?

Bill D
04-06-2019, 04:00 PM
The car cover might be ok since it’s being used indoors. The paint must be super clean and waxed though! You must meticulously clean off the paint after each drive before putting on the cover. This is what I’ve been doing for forever and all is well.

kyhoward
04-06-2019, 04:22 PM
Yes, any products; towels, car wash, clay bar, polish, wax etc. Also how often would I use these products in order to maintain the paint.

PaulMys
04-06-2019, 04:42 PM
You are going to get a MILLION opinions on this.

Mine would be Gold Plush MF towels. They are a good all-around towel, and they won't break the bank.

Meg's Hyper wash is some of the best stuff out there. Optimum Car wash is also excellent.

Try a synthetic clay. Nanoskin sponges and Griot's are good ones.

Since your paint is new, you might not need to clay or polish much seeing as it will be a garage queen. But, a good All In One (or cleaner wax) such as HD Speed or Blackfire One Step would be a good choice.