PDA

View Full Version : SPNS Application tips

PA DETAILER
04-03-2019, 11:56 AM
Polymer net shield. There was a long post on the PNS. There was a tweak on the best way to apply it. So, what is the best method? Seriously looking at this for the ZR2. And any benefits to Gyeon can coat? Then maintained with cure. And what is everyone using to maintain PNS?

Thanks.

392hemi
04-03-2019, 12:14 PM
Polymer net shield. There was a long post on the PNS. There was a tweak on the best way to apply it. So, what is the best method? Seriously looking at this for the ZR2. And any benefits to Gyeon can coat?

I've been heavily contemplating jumping from PNS to Can coat. For no reason other than to try a new spray ceramic.

I tend to use a MF applicator or a MF short nap towel folded in 4. Sometimes I mist the applicator or towel with a little bit of Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer to help the application from being too sticky.

I've also dampened applicator with a bit of water with no I'll effects.

I apply to all surfaces, paint, trim, glass (not front windshield) wheels. I get easy 6 months to a year with PNS, driving about 10 to 12k miles in NE including winter. It will make your fender trim and black bumpers look dark and amazingly hydrophobic. See link in my sig :).

Definitely pickup some Sonax BSD, works amazing, hides some imperfections and will add gloss and darken paint as well. BSD will last an easy 1 to 3 months alone.

Also see this from Mike, good read

Water Beading from SONAX Polymer Net Shield (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions-/120649-water-beading-sonax-polymer-net-shield.html)

fly07sti
04-03-2019, 12:29 PM
The way I have been applying it is to spray into a low knap MF and spread out over an area then buff off right after with a separate MF. You also don’t need to spray too much in your towel, except when you first “prime” it. It also makes trim look fantastic. I know you were looking into something for your trim, so this coupled with BSD would have you set for a long time.

The Guz
04-03-2019, 05:08 PM
Polymer net shield. There was a long post on the PNS. There was a tweak on the best way to apply it. So, what is the best method? Seriously looking at this for the ZR2. And any benefits to Gyeon can coat? Then maintained with cure. And what is everyone using to maintain PNS?

Thanks.

Can’t go wrong with either option. PNS and CanCoat are both great.

Gyeon CanCoat is the bridge product before getting into coatings. Essentially a coating lite. It will form the harder shell between the two as the SiO2 does indeed harden. Maintain with something like Cure and you are set for about a year.

PNS may not be slick but it’s performance is consistent and has some of the best water behavior. Maintain with BSD and you are set. Won’t be the slickest combo but not a deal breaker.

I would look into the autofiber coating applicators for CanCoat. You could use one for PNS and I would imagine it would work very well.

Coatingsarecrack
04-04-2019, 09:06 PM
I would look into the autofiber coating applicators for CanCoat. You could use one for PNS and I would imagine it would work very well.

Just bought some. Did you toss applicator after cancoat use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Guz
04-04-2019, 10:20 PM
Just bought some. Did you toss applicator after cancoat use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. They turn crunchy.