PDA

View Full Version : CarPro Essence + PA Cosmic V2?

BadgerRivFan
04-03-2019, 09:58 AM
Has anyone tried putting Cosmic V2 over Essence?

I’m slowly polishing my ‘01 Corvette panel by panel a few days apart to eventually refresh the LSP for the upcoming summer driving season. I’ve been doing a two-step polish process, first polishing with PA Master Final Polish II then finishing with Essence using CarPro gloss pads. I chose not to do step two with PA’s Invincible Primer, as I didn’t want to worry about the timing of when I would have to apply the Cosmic V2.

When completed all panels will have fully “cured” Essence on them which will have been on for at least 24 hours. I’ll then be ready to start the process of applying an LSP.

Option one would be to use PA’s Invincible Primer Spritz and then apply Cosmic V2. Has anyone else done this (over Essence)? Just curious if anyone has had any compatibility issues with Essence and Invincible Primer Spritz followed by Cosmic that they could share.

Option two would be to skip Cosmic V2 and use Viking Coat instead. I have both, and Viking Coat doesn’t require it’s own special primer. In theory it should work just fine over cured Essence me thinks.

A final option might be to skip the PA coatings altogether and go with Angelwax Enigma as the LSP. Again, in theory this should work just fine on top of Essence.

I like the look and durability of Cosmic and will probably go that route. My only reservation is how Essence and Invincible Primer will play together.

I guess the worst that can happen is all of the Cosmic V2 will slip off the paint and end up on my garage floor [emoji846].

Thoughts?

SWETM
04-03-2019, 01:57 PM
If useing Invicible Primer you would be polishing the Essence. Invicible Primer Spritz as you mentioned if you want to be testing it. As you may know so is Cosmic v2 dependeble on Invicible Primer or Spritz to reach full hardness. If you have used Cosmic on it's own and has been satisfied with it. You could test to apply it on the Essence with about that longevity as of it's own.

But since you have have Viking Coat already I would go with that on Essence. Much of the headache would be solved that way. If you have or would get Cosmic Spritz you can alter the look of Viking Coat to Cosmic down the road.

Would be very interesting to see how Invicible Primer Spritz worked on Essence though. The one thing is that Invicible Primer Spritz would reach very far even with 200ml. But it works for other coatings as well if you would apply more coatings. What I have understand from just reading the SDS of both Invicible Primer and Spritz. Is that Spritz has IPA and Ethanol in it. The Primer Polish is very like Essence with different silicons and TiO2 and abrasives.

Have you tested both Essence and Invicible Primer before? I think that you would have about the same results from them. Both with polishing and finishing results.

BadgerRivFan
04-03-2019, 02:58 PM
Would be very interesting to see how Invicible Primer Spritz worked on Essence though.

Have you tested both Essence and Invicible Primer before? I think that you would have about the same results from them. Both with polishing and finishing results.

I’m likely going to go ahead and use the Primer Spritz spray and then apply Cosmic (and see what happens). If anyone may have done this already on top of Essence I would appreciate your feedback.

I have used both Essence as well as the Invincible Primer polish in the past. Both are similar as you mentioned. I did not use the Invincible Primer polish this time, as I knew I would not be ready to apply the coating for several days after finishing all of the prep.

rlmccarty2000
04-03-2019, 04:22 PM
I agree with Tony. Just go with Viking Coat to avoid any problems, but I doubt there would be any problems using Primer over Essence. Like you said the wort thing it could fall onto the garage floor, lol.

fightnews
06-08-2019, 01:01 PM
I used essence then primer spritz and cosmic v2 on my trunk door. It worked fine except that I only did 1 coat of cosmic v2.

I did 80% of the car with cosmic v2 3 coats it looks impressive now that its fully cured. I just wish I used a stronger polish the rupes diamond ultrafine.