PDA

View Full Version : Jescar power lock sealant over jetseal?

Indiglofish61
04-01-2019, 09:01 PM
Hello, i am ready to apply sealant tomorrow, but want to apply 2 coats, i have just enough of powerlock for one coat and the same with jetseal. My ? is, can i apply powerlock sealant over jetseal and visaversa?

FUNX650
04-01-2019, 10:36 PM
IMO:
Go ahead and layer these two Sealants in
whichever order you wish—endeavoring to
allow 24 hrs. between the two applications.

Bob

Dr Oldz
04-02-2019, 01:15 AM
Personally I would skip Jetseal. It didn’t last long for me. Power lock is top notch IMO tho.

Indiglofish61
04-02-2019, 08:09 AM
Ok, i would do just one, like power lock, but I'd rather have 2 coats, as for how long to wait between coats, i have heard 3 hrs and then the 24 hrs, i have only one day to do this. So i have a dilemma on making a choice. But thanks for the input.

Dr Oldz
04-02-2019, 11:29 AM
Again this is my opinion but I never saw a need for 2 coats. I have tried it and saw no difference in look or longevity.

Should you decide to double coat, I would shoot for 24 hours or as close to possible. I have also double coated in less than 24 hours and never saw any visible negatives if that route is where you want to go.

dlc95
04-02-2019, 11:32 AM
Again this is my opinion but I never saw a need for 2 coats. I have tried it and saw no difference in look or longevity.

Should you decide to double coat, I would shoot for 24 hours or as close to possible. I have also double coated in less than 24 hours and never saw any visible negatives if that route is where you want to go.

Same here.

briarpatch
04-02-2019, 01:04 PM
I've never topped a sealant with another sealant....when I use PowerLock I top it with ColorLock

DBAILEY
04-02-2019, 02:14 PM
Given your 2 choices and your desire to put down 2 layers, I would use the Jetseal first because I consider it only a slightly more durable version of their Mirror Glaze. It reminds of those other acrylic glazes that CG has too. So I would apply like a glaze like Blacklight and take advantage of the jetting factor it provides, then top it with the Powerlock. The Powerlock I believe is significantly slicker too, so it might shed off the Jetseal on top quicker than the other way around.

dennis hiip
04-02-2019, 05:28 PM
I'm so done with anything by Chemical Guys.

Calendyr
04-03-2019, 02:50 AM
Why use Jetseal at all? It's an inferior product to Power Lock. Powerlock is very likelly the best sealant on the market. There is no need to layer it with anything else. Also, it is my conviction that layering doesn't work. The solvents in the sealant will disolve the layer you are applying it onto. If you want to do 2 coats to ensure you did not miss any spot, that is perfectly all right, but there is no need to.

Maxreed241
04-03-2019, 08:26 AM
Why use Jetseal at all? It's an inferior product to Power Lock. Powerlock is very likelly the best sealant on the market. There is no need to layer it with anything else. Also, it is my conviction that layering doesn't work. The solvents in the sealant will disolve the layer you are applying it onto. If you want to do 2 coats to ensure you did not miss any spot, that is perfectly all right, but there is no need to.My thoughts exactly...

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Autogeekonline mobile app

BadgerRivFan
04-03-2019, 10:27 AM
I'm so done with anything by Chemical Guys.

They have a few good products... Honeydew Snow Foam and Pete’s 53 paste wax come to mind.

OP: Go with one coat of PowerLock. There is no compelling reason to apply two coats of a sealant (unless the mfg. recommends it). Two coats will not “double” your protection.