PDA

View Full Version : Pretreat really dirty car?

trusaleen1
03-31-2019, 03:45 PM
Hi Guys,

I have a 2014 black Honda Accord, it swirls when you breath on it. It's had a very rainy year and dirty winter. The car is really dirty and I'm guilty of spending more time cleaning my other car. Any suggestions on pretreating it before I get started.

I have a foam gun that attaches to the hose (not a foam cannon and I do not have a pressure washer yet) I was planning on using meguiars gold class to wash it. Then use my nano skin to clay it and then my blackfire all in one for paint correction with my torq dual action polisher. Any other suggestions? Thanks

Maxreed241
03-31-2019, 04:57 PM
Hi Guys,

I have a 2014 black Honda Accord, it swirls when you breath on it. It's had a very rainy year and dirty winter. The car is really dirty and I'm guilty of spending more time cleaning my other car. Any suggestions on pretreating it before I get started.

I have a foam gun that attaches to the hose (not a foam cannon and I do not have a pressure washer yet) I was planning on using meguiars gold class to wash it. Then use my nano skin to clay it and then my blackfire all in one for paint correction with my torq dual action polisher. Any other suggestions? ThanksSounds like a good plan to me. Maybe add an iron remover if your car hasn't had that done in a while.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Autogeekonline mobile app

briarpatch
03-31-2019, 06:11 PM
Adding decontamination is a good idea...foam it...let it dwell...rinse off....foam again and wash with the 'one bucket - multiple mitt' system.....decon.....clay....BF One Step with polishing pads...Megs Gold Class is a solid over-the-counter soap for your foam gun and your bucket

trusaleen1
03-31-2019, 06:36 PM
Sounds good guys, thanks for the info, lets me know I'm on the right path.

Scott in Houston
03-31-2019, 06:42 PM
Sounds good guys, thanks for the info, lets me know I'm on the right path.

The fact that you're on this forum, says you're on the right path to me. :)

Good luck. If you can journal and post your results, that would be awesome.

briarpatch
03-31-2019, 06:48 PM
The fact that you're on this forum, says you're on the right path to me. :)

Good luck. If you can journal and post your results, that would be awesome.

Amen...would love to see some before and after shots

trusaleen1
03-31-2019, 07:10 PM
Thanks guys, hope to start next weekend.