PDA

View Full Version : Griots Boss Air 2" backing plate on Griots 3" mini polisher?

fightnews
03-31-2019, 08:42 AM
Does anyone know if this works?

I have the 3" polisher that I don't use since I bought the flex mini. It would be nice to put the 2 inch backing plate on it to use 2" pads. I ordered some by accident so I already have the pads kicking around.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-31-2019, 08:48 AM
Does anyone know if this works?

I have the 3" polisher that I don't use since I bought the flex mini. It would be nice to put the 2 inch backing plate on it to use 2" pads. I ordered some by accident so I already have the pads kicking around.
It works, but don't expect much correction on mid-to hard clearcoat. Too small of a throw at 5mm.

rangerbay
03-31-2019, 09:28 AM
Actually, it works surprisingly well. It can correct, but you to run it on 6. I've cleaned up some pretty bad spots with it. Match the pad to the compound, and you're good to go.

fightnews
03-31-2019, 11:53 AM
Nice thanks guys! I was thinking of using it to polish a small amount of chrome and I'm sure I will find some other uses for it. I already have 2" pads and I'll use the flex mini to do any real correction. It might even be small enough to work on my clear coat rims.

Eldorado2k
03-31-2019, 12:36 PM
Nice thanks guys! I was thinking of using it to polish a small amount of chrome and I'm sure I will find some other uses for it. I already have 2" pads and I'll use the flex mini to do any real correction. It might even be small enough to work on my clear coat rims.

What chrome are you looking to polish?

Coatingsarecrack
03-31-2019, 03:07 PM
Mike says it’s a very capable machine and corrects very well. He recommends very thin plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coatingsarecrack
03-31-2019, 03:08 PM
Mike says it’s a very capable machine and corrects very well. He recommends very thin plates.

*pads