PDA

View Full Version : Rinseless wash for Tesla model 3

soapboxpreacher
03-30-2019, 02:14 PM
So just finished my spring and summer outside wash kit and I am looking into rinseless for the winter. As some already know I live in Chicago where winter is nasty and salt is used heavily on the streets. I have a white Tesla model 3 and they are know for soft finish. I am very hesitant to do rinseless because of this, WG Uber is the only way I would go. Let me know your thoughts and process...supplies as well. Thanks

Klasse Act
03-30-2019, 03:28 PM
First off, why are you limiting yourself to just WGU, although it's an outstanding brand. I live in the greater Chicagoland area, Elk Grove Village and would love to show you my techniques and products for doing RW & WW.

For me it's all about the tools, namely a great spray bottle and plush, edgeless mf towels. I always make up more product than I need because I pre-treat everything, whether it's a RW or WW, doesn't matter because not only do I want the product to break down the dirt but I want lubrication for the wash. Pre-treating not only helps break down the dirt but encapsulates the dirt and brings it to the surface to be wiped away...safely. You also need a good supply of plush, edgeless mf towels. A car the size of yours would probably need about 6-7 of them.

Once I pre-treat I wipe the towel across the panel, look at the dark line of dirt and roll that portion of the towel away and make another pass with the remaining clean section. I can usually get anywhere from 2-3 passes before I need to move to an entirely clean square, use all 8 squares! Once done I just throw that towel to the side and grab another one. This method applies to both RW & WW, even when doing a RW with towels sitting in the bucket soaking I pre-treat, doesn't matter, never work dry!

For tools I use the 1000 ml Kwazzer, Black Fire hand pump and airator sold through AMMO NYC for their Frothe WW, makes the job so much easier with quality tools.

In closing my go to for WW is N914 and for RW it's Griot's Garage Brillant Shine and CarPro Ech2o, I've even used the later for WW as well. For road trips or a change of pace I LOVE AMMO NYC Frothe WW, it's the only foaming WW, even more safe because of the foam cushion provided, I'd be willing to show and help you with all of this if your not too far away[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

vobro
03-30-2019, 09:19 PM
Don't be afraid, just use common sense. I just finished a heavy regular 2 bucket wash on my truck. Today was the day to clean every crevice,removed tar and I'm ready for spring. Now I'm just gonna use rinsless washes which is now my go to wash method. I use the multiple towel method and my current favorite rinsless products are ECH02, Optimum No Rinse and the Griot Garage.

I never like to do a rinsless when the paint is caked in crud. In the winter if caked in salt I'll go to a pay and spray to remove ant salt crust or heavy film then do the rinsless in my garage. Same goes in the summer if heavy mud. If you think the towel is dirty just flip to a clean side,when all sides are dirty get a new towel. Always use light pressure as there's no need to "scrub". I've found rw to be more efficient time wise which means I can clean more often which also helps. I have 2 black cars and a red truck and see no more marring then a traditional wash. If your still uneasy just dip into it slowly

Markymapo
03-31-2019, 06:28 AM
This little pressure washer is great for use in the winter before doing a rinseless wash in the garage. I also use it in summer to rinse, after final wash, with 1 or 2 gallons of distilled water

Klasse Act
03-31-2019, 06:40 AM
I used to have to hit the quarter wash around the corner in the winter too but that's before I got my Worx hydroshot and the IK Foam 9, then it was game over! These 2 machine make quick work of encrusted salt without a problem, I even just acquired a 4.0v battery for my Worx hydroshot, mainly because we have an SUV for the wife, so I need more time plus my knockoff battery died out already, always buy the better quality battery, it doesn't cost it pays!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

soapboxpreacher
03-31-2019, 07:49 PM
Im in!! Ill PM you when I am back in town. Doing a ton of traveling over the next month but would love to learn some new stuff. Im around the Lake Zurich area. Work in Hanover Park so not to far off.

soapboxpreacher
03-31-2019, 07:55 PM
Very good idea! The Salt is so bad by us! I got a ton of snow by us this year....and they salt heavily here!

Klasse Act
04-02-2019, 05:27 PM
Looking forward to meeting up with you Soapboxpreacher and I suggest for the winter 2 things, a Worx hydroshot and IK Foam 9, as long as you can do washes in the garage. I'll bring them by when I stop by in the future.