PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Ceramic Coating Vs Regular Ceramic Coating

bryanviper
03-28-2019, 09:59 AM
Hey guys,

Wondering if there is much difference between say using,

Cquartz Dlux vs Cquartz UK 3.0?

I have used UK 3.0 in the past on wheels and it seems to be pretty good. But wondering if using Dlux would give any benefits?

Thanks

Bruno Soares
03-28-2019, 10:28 AM
If you already have CQ UK I think it's fine to use that. DLux might last a little more but the application is also not as easy. I did use DLux because I had already purchased it to use on plastics and trim so did the wheels with it.

bryanviper
03-28-2019, 10:32 AM
If you already have CQ UK I think it's fine to use that. DLux might last a little more but the application is also not as easy. I did use DLux because I had already purchased it to use on plastics and trim so did the wheels with it.

Whats different between the application?

The Guz
03-28-2019, 10:59 AM
You should be able to find some good info in this related thread

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101-a/122641-cquartz-uk-dlux-wheels.html?highlight=

Bruno Soares
03-28-2019, 12:40 PM
Whats different between the application?
DLux is a little more grabby and not as smooth to wipe off but it's not hard. Just not as easy as UK.

TTQ B4U
03-28-2019, 01:14 PM
boomerang coming in............look at using GYEON's Q2 RIM. I LOVE it. Great product and has lasted 1.5yrs without issue on my car that is winter driven. application is super easy too. Very forgiving working time too. I can do an entire face of a wheel then wipe off without issue. Just a thought. It's my go-to wheels coating and I always keep a bottle on hand. WOrks great on exhaust tips too.

The Guz
03-28-2019, 02:09 PM
boomerang coming in............look at using GYEON's Q2 RIM. I LOVE it. Great product and has lasted 1.5yrs without issue on my car that is winter driven. application is super easy too. Very forgiving working time too. I can do an entire face of a wheel then wipe off without issue. Just a thought. It's my go-to wheels coating and I always keep a bottle on hand. WOrks great on exhaust tips too.

That is pretty good. It started to struggle for me as it got closer to a year. I agree that it is easy to work with but me personally I won’t be using it again. Just fell a bit short in the long term.

I’ve had success with CQUK though.